• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for a power solution: Processor+Amp or Receiver

Gui0507

Hi I am building a system which I will use 50/50 music movies. I gave up trying to find a 5.1.2 system within my current budget and for it to sound good to me. I am considering now building the system in increments and piece by piece. Starting with a 2, 2.1, or 3.1 system. I've had my eye on B&W 603, 703, 704's, I love B&W sound signature (had some CM10 s2's before I had to sell due to a move years back). I didn't want to really spend that much on the two fronts again. I am more perplexed with the amplification/processing part. I have always heard separates can get better performance, I want to go that route but a couple of things stop me, one is price for what I think is a good system and two is that I realized I don't know as much as I should... hence why I am here.

So if I can get any recommendations of what I can get for these type of speakers considering in the future (not sure when) I may add additionals to create that atmos/surround. Now mind you right now my room is 11x11, the other aspect is that I may one day move the floors to another area of the house for music only, I just want options. I don't have a set budget but would like to keep it under 3k. I can also sacrifice the lower end of the B&W's I listed to have comparable power/processing. I will be running an AppleTV4K, 4k Blu ray player, and I use Tidal HIFI for music.

Top Bottom