• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for a pair for EDM

eylonsultan

Hello
Im looking to upgrade my headphones.

I mostly listen to electronic music, house and trance. Which requires more of a v shaped signature.
The fact is that this music combine a lot of highs and mids too, so those are important also. Also I listen to other jenres sometimes.

So in sort, a v-shaped heaphones but in a audiophile grade

I listen now with 1more td over ear, Fidelio x2 and Oriveti OH300. Like them all. Also dragonfly red.

Budget (just for the cans) about 500 but willing to add

Thank you for assisting

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I'm a low-budget guy, and my favorite current headphones remain the AKG K361. Outstanding sound for the money (about $90 in the US). The big brother, the K371, is about $50 more and just a little wider frequency response. Decent build, very comfortable to wear for hours. Over-ear style, blocks extraneous noise in most environments.

Before you go up the cost tree, give them a listen.

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
Have you considered the Sony MDR7506? They are not audiophile grade, but they will give you that V shaped sound you like. And save you money.

Top Bottom