• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for a objectively good measuring closed back with mic.

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Usually at the office I use an HD-650 with JDS Labs Element 2 for music, but we just switched to a temporary office (very small) so the leakage from the open backs are a problem. Also, we have moved away from traditional phones are are using Skype to send and receive calls.

So my current solution is no longer viable, and am now looking for a pair I can use for both music and phone calls. Something like a closed back with built in Mic, wired or wireless, but I value sound quality and would like something that has good measurements.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Sennheiser GAME ZERO Gaming Headset has a exceptionally good mic as per tests I've listened to and audio grade earphones.
product_detail_x1_mobile_GameZero_black.jpg

OP
Rayman30

Rayman30

Forum Donor
The Sennheiser GAME ZERO Gaming Headset has a exceptionally good mic as per tests I've listened to and audio grade earphones.
product_detail_x1_mobile_GameZero_black.jpg

Thanks!

I wonder how they differ from these.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is also the Sennheiser GSP-601 (closed back) and the GSP-500 (open back) and there is a USB version too. I'm trying to find it.
This link shows off more models but some may be discontinued.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Generally those Sennheisers seem to all use the same mic from what I've read and from tests in reviews where I've listened to the mic compared to other brands mics.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Beyerdynamic looks nice; I have no actual experience with them. The mic on the Sennheisers mutes when swinging the mic boom into the up position and that is a nice feature. The Beyerdynamic headphones have a inline control for volume and mute from what I read. The volume adjustment is generally on the Sennheisers on the right earphone cup.

OP
Rayman30

Rayman30

Forum Donor
Ended up with Airpods Max, with EQ they will be alright, but having an iPhone, iPad and MacBook I valued the interoperability between devices in that eco system, the ANC features and build quality are top notch as well.

I cycled through the various EQ presets, I actually liked the sound of RT Ratings preset the best in Soundsource, but I am having trouble finding a Equalizer APO version of RT's preset.

OP
Rayman30

Rayman30

Forum Donor
Returned the Max for Airpod Pro, a much better value,

Top Bottom