• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for a new AMP with flat frequency response and 40+ W

vintologi

I have looked at the aiyima A07 and while that would probably be better than my old AMD (where one of the channels stopped working) i would like to have better frequency response than this:

index.php

The much more expensive topping LA90 seems to offer what i need right now but it sucks only getting 60W per channel after paying so much money for an amplifier. I don't think i need 22 bits of dynamic range.

index.php

index.php

Graham849

Forum Donor
Have you looked at ao200.

Bard tells me:

"What is frequency response of ao200​

THE frequency response of the SMSL AO200 is very flat, with a deviation of less than 0.1 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. This means that it can reproduce all frequencies accurately, from the lowest bass notes to the highest treble notes. This is important for getting the best possible sound quality from your speakers.
The AO200 also has a very low noise floor, which means that you won't hear any unwanted background noise when you're listening to music. This is also important for getting the best possible sound quality.
Overall, the frequency response of the SMSL AO200 is very good. It can reproduce all frequencies accurately andlow noise. This makes it a great choice for anyone who wants to get the best possible sound quality from their speakers.
Here are some additional details about the frequency response of the SMSL AO200:
  • Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
  • THD+N: 0.0026% @ 1 kHz, 4 Ω
  • SNR: 118 dB
  • IMD: 0.0008%
  • Input sensitivity: 200 mV
  • Output power: 90 W @ 8 Ω, 120 W @ 4 Ω
  • Dimensions: 170 x 40 x 30 mm
  • Weight: 1.2 kg
I hope this helps!"

Good luck

arvidb

Have you looked at ao200.

Bard tells me:

"What is frequency response of ao200​

THE frequency response of the SMSL AO200 is very flat...
Please don't ask today's AI:s for facts - there's no way of knowing if they are hallucinating, so the replies are worse than useless. Recent example (where both "facts" - bit rate and sample rate - are just made up and completely wrong, as discussed later in the thread).

Graham849

Forum Donor
Also worth reading “S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200“ and "measurements of SMSL AO200 EQ settings" threads.

OP
V

vintologi

Maybe i should go for topping PA3s?

It's cheap and does what i need it to. I will probably need a more powerful amplifier later though.

One issue is that it's hard to get hold on in Sweden, i only saw amazon.se selling it here they cannot deliver any time soon.

Last edited:

jaudio

Maybe i should go for topping PA3s?

It's cheap and does what i need it to. I will probably need a more powerful amplifier later though.

One issue is that it's hard to get hold on in Sweden, i only saw amazon.se selling it here they cannot deliver any time soon.
audiophonics.fr is a good source for the Chinese stuff here in EU

Graham849

Forum Donor
OP
V

vintologi

audiophonics.fr is a good source for the Chinese stuff here in EU
They charge 18,69 € in shipping to Sweden.

I definitely cannot use that amplifier for more serious measurements since the distortion at low wattages is too high for that unfortunately.

index.php

So it only really works as a replacement for my current amplifier.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I definitely cannot use that amplifier for more serious measurements since the distortion at low wattages is too high for that unfortunately.
"serious measurements"...

How about telling us what you want to use the amplifier for? If you want a ruler flat, linear 40W+ amplifier for some industrial/research applications, where distortion and linearity are paramount, a domestic cheap class D is not going to do it.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"serious measurements"...

How about telling us what you want to use the amplifier for? If you want a ruler flat, linear 40W+ amplifier for some industrial/research applications, where distortion and linearity are paramount, a domestic cheap class D is not going to do it.
0.7 dB down at 20kHz isn’t going to be audible with most content and for most people’s hearing.

That being said, I understand the quest for mathematical perfection and wholly endorse it. I just realize that in the real world, it is not going to make a difference.

Top Bottom