• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for a bluetooth transmitter with these features

downloaderfan

Hi All,

I'm looking for a bluetooth transmitter. It should mainly have these 2 features:

1) Should support transmitting via bluetooth as well as aux.
2) Automation i.e. If bluetooth device is connected, audio is transmitted via bluetooth else it is transmitted via aux. I shouldn't have to press a button for this.

My Plan - Currently I have a monitor which is connected to 2 windows laptops + fire tv via a KVM Switch. Just like how KVM Switch makes switching USB peripherals seamless, I also want to do the same to bluetooth. I will connect the bluetooth transmitter to USB Sound Card connected to the KVM Switch. That way, even bluetooths connections would migrate from one device to another along with usb peripherals.

OP
D

downloaderfan

MCH

Major Contributor
So you need a device that takes in an analog signal (aux in) and then, if there is a bluetooth device connected (for instance a headphone or a Bluetooth speaker) then it transmits the signal via Bluetooth, and if not, bypasses the analog signal to a soundcard that converts to digital and is connected to your usb switch?
I have never seen such device but can't understand very well what you want to achive and i believe there must be other ways to achieve it. I think you need to explain your needs better to get better answers. This would be my advice. For instance, it would be helpful to understand where the signal comes from.

Last edited:

dasdoing

Major Contributor
But I can keep the aux passthrough for "critical listening" and bluetooth for convenience and portability right? Also, can you confirm if it auto switches to aux if it's unable to find paired bluetooth devices being On?

I can test if there is anything on the analog output when in TX mode,
but the best way to use this thing is keeping it digital (no conversion). don't you have a optical out?
and there is no reason to send your system signal through it.
what is your DAC?

Top Bottom