• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for a battery powered Phone compatible portable DAC with balanced line outputs?

SolderSurfer

Hi All, I am new to the group. I am very impressed with the group's activity and outstanding technical content.

For the about 7 years I been exploring WiFi audio with the goal of a home filled with mood enhancing music.
My audio setup runs Roon on a QNAP NAS drive which casts to around 8 airplay speakers.
My latest interests are in HiRes audio and building stereo HD or better WiFi endpoints.

Anyways......
Does anyone have any recommendations for a iPhone compatible portable DAC with balanced line outputs?
I considered the Topping NX4, but it doesn't have balanced outputs.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Hi All, I am new to the group. I am very impressed with the group's activity and outstanding technical content.

For the about 7 years I been exploring WiFi audio with the goal of a home filled with mood enhancing music.
My audio setup runs Roon on a QNAP NAS drive which casts to around 8 airplay speakers.
My latest interests are in HiRes audio and building stereo HD or better WiFi endpoints.

Anyways......
Does anyone have any recommendations for a iPhone compatible portable DAC with balanced line outputs?
I considered the Topping NX4, but it doesn't have balanced outputs.
Welcome Aboard @SolderSurfer.

someguyontheinternet

The Fiio Q1 Mark II was made for Apple compatibility and seems to work well to me. From my experience the power is enough for decently high listening on the HD660s (using a 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter). So for most IEMs and low sensitivity headphones it should probably work fine.

Top Bottom