• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking For ~£200 Headphone Amplifier With Passthrough

Ariamella

As per title, I'm looking for a relatively cheap headphone amp with an audio passthrough (not pre-amp out unless I have no other choice). I would like it to be balanced out so it works with my audio interface and studio monitors to reduce ground hum. I would prefer not to get anything topping, unless that's the only option. Thank you in advance!

usern

Topping L50 is probably the only one that fits your technical requirements and budget. Why do you not like Topping?

OP
Ariamella

Ariamella

The whole PA5 fiasco made me lose all faith in them

staticV3

Master Contributor
From what I can tell, your options are basically:
-Topping A30Pro (£250)
-Topping L50 (£170)
-Schiit Magnius (£290)

Last edited:
OP
Ariamella

Ariamella

I would suggest buying it from a place with good warranty conditions like Amazon and not worry about it.
I would rather not give them my money period honestly, I don't want to support companies like that.

I am also incredibly sad that the Magnius is so much more expensive here than in the US...

Edit: Well, my other option is getting a dac/amp, is the SMSL C200 any good?

OP
Ariamella

Ariamella

Alright, will have a look at the A10d and C200 and decide on one, thank you :)

ampguy

Sabaj A10h is only about half your budget, but works well with some HE-4xx and HD-6xx (300 ohm) headphones even on the mid gain. Has pass through, 3 gains. No balanced ins or DAC but measured well here by Amir. My only quirk is unlike many other headphone amps, there aren't simple mechanical toggles for output selection or gain levels, but there is a large volume knob. The knob has to be depressed to switch gains or toggle hp amp or pre out bypass.

OP
Ariamella

Ariamella

I've been using the A10d for a couple months now, but thank you c:

Top Bottom