• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for <£100 BT headphones for use both in the office for music and calls and on train for music

tech-jock

Hello all - first post here but I have been into hi-fi/music for more than 40 years in one way or another.

Criteria:
1. Musicality
2. I don't want to bother others around me with whatever I'm listening to (rock, blues, alternative, hip hop)
3. I do want a reasonable degree of noise cancelling - even office type noise
4. Stable BT connection
5. Happy connecting to laptop for music but also Zoom/Teams etc
6. Price

I started off looking at AKG Y45BT because they see to have good reviews at the £100 price-point, yet you can pick them up new at around £50 to £60 on eBay.
I later bumped into the AKG Y50BT - again reviews are good for price (although I cannot see what the difference really is from the Y45BTs).
Then after reading some reviews on this forum, I came across the AKG N700NC M2 which seems to be well thought of and also responds well to EQ (although more expensive at around £100).

Thoughts? What else should I be looking at in this admittedly low price bracket of headphones?

Thanks!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello all - first post here but I have been into hi-fi/music for more than 40 years in one way or another.

Criteria:
1. Musicality
2. I don't want to bother others around me with whatever I'm listening to (rock, blues, alternative, hip hop)
3. I do want a reasonable degree of noise cancelling - even office type noise
4. Stable BT connection
5. Happy connecting to laptop for music but also Zoom/Teams etc
6. Price

I started off looking at AKG Y45BT because they see to have good reviews at the £100 price-point, yet you can pick them up new at around £50 to £60 on eBay.
I later bumped into the AKG Y50BT - again reviews are good for price (although I cannot see what the difference really is from the Y45BTs).
Then after reading some reviews on this forum, I came across the AKG N700NC M2 which seems to be well thought of and also responds well to EQ (although more expensive at around £100).

Thoughts? What else should I be looking at in this admittedly low price bracket of headphones?

Thanks!
I'd try the n700 2. If it fits well and sounds right, great. If not, send back no quibbles. The mic /call quality might be the decider.

OP
T

tech-jock

I'd try the n700 2. If it fits well and sounds right, great. If not, send back no quibbles. The mic /call quality might be the decider.
Thanks JimBob.

So you are saying that quality issues when using the N700 as a call headset have been noted in the past?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks JimBob.

So you are saying that quality issues when using the N700 as a call headset have been noted in the past?
Nope. No idea. But the best hp for music isn't always the best for voice /mic. I'm sure the myriad amazon user reviews will shed light.

Top Bottom