• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking at picking up PIE2AES/Digisone signature/other and have questions, VS Chord 2go

IKE

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade the performance of my Hugo 2 and have been tortured by EMI/RF from my Macbook pro for years and have a few questions:

1. I don't mind paying a bit more, is there a DAC-less streamer that is clearly better than both PIE2AES and Digione signature that I should look at for use with Hugo2?

2. What's the best way to connect the PIE2AES to Hugo2 for maximum sound quality?

3. What's the best way to connect the Digione Signature to the Hugo2 for the best sound quality?

4. Will I be able to stream bandcamp/youtube/jriver flacs from my Macbookpro to these streamers? I haven't really heard anyone talk about using these services with these streamers.

5. I understand that the Digione signature needs 2 PSUs, does that mean that 1 Shanti can power it or do I need to purchase 2 battery packs? Bit confused about the power situation.

6. On the software side, given my use cases above what do you guys recommend, volumio, Ropiee, something else?

7. Since I already have a Hugo2 would it make more sense to get the 2go? How do devices like PIE2AES and Digione Signature compare to the 2go?

Sorry for all the questions! Streamers are new to me and I hope they solve the EMI/RF issues I have never been able to escape.

Thank you

nils.kdc

Hello ike
You can use, like I do, the shanti with it's 2 x 5v outputs with the digione signature.
I too would be very interested by a comparative feedback of the signature vs pi2aes, if anyone here had the chance to try both

OP
I

IKE

Thank you, I was considering the Shanti.

Top Bottom