• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking advice to purchase DAC. Don’t laugh at this...

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Ok guys first thing first. Merry Xmas to everyone !

Now, I was thinking. The beats are new and are waiting for me in Canada, but, I’m going back in a month with my mother, so I could give them to her and sell them in my home country for extra money. I think I can get U$300 out of Them quick and clean.

With that money I was taking a look at the Hifiman HE-4XX, which I could not find comments or a thread here about them and Incould go for the Topping D3X Pro. I’d watch some movies too, so I think it’s a better option over the HD-6XX from what I read, specially because of the bass and open soundstage.

I loved the Khadas (Outstanding SQ from what I read) and the Atom, but I don’t need any of them for real, and thanks god the THX is not available because it’s gorgeous.

Regarding the SDAC I really like it but I’m kinda obsessed with aesthetics. Can’t find a perfectly amp that matches thedesign. I know O2 does but seems kinda overpriced today next to other options.
I have recently acquired the he4xx along with my hd6xx, oppo PM1 and 3. The 4xx has an overly "sweet" high frequency response. This was confirmed in measurements. Maybe not too bright, but a range is over emphasised between 7 and 10kHz.

My view is the 6xx is better.

Red 4xx, purple 6xx, green pm1
Measurements from minidsp ears. Has limitations but OK for comparitive testing which confirmed my subjective view.

1545978185179.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom