• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lookig for streaming preamp with TOSLINK input

l_lama

Dear all,

I'm really exhausted to research a replacement for my 5.1 receiver with some stereo device.
I would like to find:
  1. Smart stand-by to wake up from the phone.
  2. Volume control
  3. SMB or DLNA playback, I have a PC with FLACs, both WiFi and Ethernet works.
  4. Trigger output to on/off power external amp. No vendor lock-in.
  5. TOSLINK or HDMI ARC inputs to connect a TV
  6. AirPlay
Nice to have:
  • Wake up on S/PDIF signal
  • Spotify Connect (I can do via AirPlay though)
  • S/PDIF output for possible further upgrade
  • DSD support
My idea is to get a power amp in it's own box, do the rest in the device that I attempt to find and use 12V trigger to on/off power amp from streaming pre-amp. A have no objections to put every function on it's own box, but I want to manage power, volume and playlist from the phone.

There are few devices that probably can do all what I want:
  • Yamaha WXC-50 - have no idea how good is it
  • Bluesond Node 2i - know to have S/PDIF flaws and other issues discussed on this site.
  • Heos Link HS2 - no idea is it good or now from sound quality perspective
  • NAD C658 - just can't afford it.
I would appreciate any considerations about Yamaha WXC-50 / Bluesond Node 2i / Heos Link HS2 or any other options that will cost less then NAD C658, below $1200 is fine for me.

Thank you!

Top Bottom