• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Longer silicone tips for medium nozzle IEMs? Alternatively, longer nozzle IEMs?

khensu

I get that. The TCZ was my first IEM, and it's still my "reference". The Khans come close, though. I have the Moondrop Chu (well, my son has them) and, while I like the sound, I have the same problem with them as the Cadenza. Does the Lan have a similar nozzle length? I'd be tempted to give them a try if they fit well. Then again, in addition to the Red coming, I'm also waiting for those KZ x HBB PR2s to arrive, which could round out my budget IEM collection.

I'm basically looking for the budget IEM that sounds perfect to me without EQ. It may be futile as the OG TCZ already fits that bill. I do EQ it for some material, but it's great without EQ most of the time. It's just too easy to keep trying others at these prices. Worst case, I could give some away knowing they're likely still an upgrade to anything the person I gave them to is currently using.

markanini

Major Contributor
I get that. The TCZ was my first IEM, and it's still my "reference". The Khans come close, though. I have the Moondrop Chu (well, my son has them) and, while I like the sound, I have the same problem with them as the Cadenza. Does the Lan have a similar nozzle length? I'd be tempted to give them a try if they fit well. Then again, in addition to the Red coming, I'm also waiting for those KZ x HBB PR2s to arrive, which could round out my budget IEM collection.

I'm basically looking for the budget IEM that sounds perfect to me without EQ. It may be futile as the OG TCZ already fits that bill. I do EQ it for some material, but it's great without EQ most of the time. It's just too easy to keep trying others at these prices. Worst case, I could give some away knowing they're likely still an upgrade to anything the person I gave them to is currently using.
Lan needs EQ for the bass to be comparable to Zero and Cadenza.

Top Bottom