• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Logitech Transporter replacement

fitero

I've researched my options to the point where I've become immobile with indecision. My ability and knowledge regarding digital audio are quite limited.
I'm moving to a small village with limited internet and now see myself using a cellphone to stream tidal through bluetooth to my system. I have just learned that I can "tether" the phone to my PC for data, and hence Roon use.

Obviously, the Transporter is an older streamer/DAC without USB etc. I also need a new preamp for Phono connection and use. I rarely listen to headphones, only listening through the connection to the PC. Yuck.

Lastly, DRC has always intrigued me, though I haven't had much luck playing with REW.

It would appear that the minidsp SHD and a Cambridge Duo (@ $1400) are the perfect products for me. That, or the AudioVero, Preamp 14 CleanVolver (@$2200).
All of these components are forcibly connected to my active speaker crossover unit which in itself only has a 108db dynamic range. (JBL SDEC-4500P). Having a JBL tech out do ARCOS calibration is not an option either at $5500 a visit.

So, is it a fool's errand to attempt to get more "precise" audio by replacing the Transporter? I could just get a Topping Pre90, a Cambridge Duo, and a bluetooth dongle and be done.

I'd really appreciate any constructive thoughts and suggestions.

Top Bottom