• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Living room system for music & movies from Kodi for 1000-1500 USD

ni-ka

Hi all,

I've spend some time browsing the forum but I am getting overwhelmed :)

I have a 6mx6m living room, with a projector and listening position is about 3m from the wall. I use an Odroid N2 with Kodi to watch movies currently using some bluetooth speakers, but Odroid supports spdif. Currently mostly used for movies, but I foresee 60% movies 40% music. In my office I use Yamaha HS-5. Music taste in the house is very varied, from jazz / old school swing to electronic via Afro beats.

I would like to get a system for the living room, for about 1000-1500 USD. I don't care much about surround sound (i think), but I enjoy good sound and I think I would like a subwoofer.

I live in Dakar, Senegal (we're on 220v), where listening & sending back & easy repairs are not really feasible. Everything will need to be shipped in or brought on the plane, so compact is a must.

What are your recommendations?

Cheers

Katji

Major Contributor
I think start by considering what is available in Dakar. - Like maybe Yamaha and Denon etc.
Then there is Amazon, with serious courier cost, and serious import tax too, I suppose.

Top Bottom