• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Live Unamplified Music Standard for Assessing Gear/System

Waxx

Major Contributor
very right.

also: slam you door, record it. play it back. slam it again. (also knock on door....or perhaps eve better; (let someone) knock on the speaker itself)
record hand-claps: they sound unatural pretty fast if something is off.
record a thunderstorm. play it back and compare to the real event.
I would not say that, but a familiar voice has a certain tonality that is easy to recognise if something is wrong, an other sound not. There was a time i bought and sold a lot of second hand speakers (selling often after fixing them) and then the voice test (next to listening to some reference tunes on it) was a crucial tool for me to see what i had in hands and what state it was in. Measuring in those circumstances is impossible, so I needed something else that worked. Like that i got some very good second hand speakers for very little money that i kept for various purposes.

Top Bottom