• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Little help with EQ on Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (M2)

bloodevil

Hi all, I want to premise that I’m very new to the hi-res world and recently I started to look into EQ. I read oratory1990 threads on Reddit and sadly he hasn’t measured the 2.0 (M2)
So I tried with AutoEQ targeted to Harman curve and found This, however the high gain on those high frequencies causes a noise in the background so I imagine there’s something wrong with the measurements (?). The noise is there with basically every song but it’s not always audible due to lack of quiet passages in most of my songs.
Now my request for help is: could you help me set the right values to safely lower the high frequencies without distorting the sound?
Or well if you have another better settings even better! I don’t know if can or can’t help but I also found These measurements.
I’m using a FiiO Q3 as amp/dac and Neutron player as source (it has up to 60-band parametric EQ).
I will definitely upgrade my headphones in the future but I’d really love to get a decent EQ for them while I’m saving, hope you can help :)

Fernando

Forum Donor
Hello.
The noise is more likely to come from the FiiO.

Top Bottom