• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lithium Ion car jumper advice?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Well I mean you can need a jump anywhere. I got stuck at a restaurant before and had to have a friend come give me a jump.

Join AAA. They will jump your car or tow it to a shop if the problem is something worse.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Join AAA. They will jump your car or tow it to a shop if the problem is something worse.
We have AAA. The issue is how long it takes for them to show up especially in bad weather.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Ever thought about replacing your battery every 3 years? It's not foolproof, but will probably eliminate 90% of the problems. They rarely last longer, so over time it isn't much extra expense.

Back in the day manual transmission cars could be push started. That was fun.

OP
H

Headphonaholic

And have to wait how long for someone to show up? These products exist for a reason, convenience and safety. You should always have jumper cables just in case and AAA is great because no matter the issue they can rescue you but these portable jump starters are great because I don't need to wait on anyone else or hope someone is around. More importantly I don't need to have enough room for another car to be along side to jump it. This particular jump starter has a polarity checker so you can't damage things by accident like you can with jumper cables. For me, it's about peace of mind knowing I'm less likely to be stuck somewhere. That is priceless imo.

Ever thought about replacing your battery every 3 years? It's not foolproof, but will probably eliminate 90% of the problems. They rarely last longer, so over time it isn't much extra expense.

Back in the day manual transmission cars could be push started. That was fun.
Yes, chances are very good that the battery in my car and my gf cars are on their last leg and should be replaced. It could also be that we simply don't drive our cars long enough to charge them. Either way the point of this thread was to see if anyone had experience with lithium ion jump starters and since nobody had recommendations I went out and bought one based on as much research I could do. After owning it for a while I figured I would leave my impressions of it for others to make use of in the event they want one. Unlike the Amazon reviews I provide more information and I wasn't paid to review it, I bought and paid for the device myself. I hope someone finds it helpful. And of course I can always answer questions people have about it.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
AAA response is dependent on where you live. I happen to live in a central and densely populated area. The last time I called them they showed up in 30 minutes on a Saturday morning. My view is to give advice which solves the problem, which is a car which will not start. If anyone wants to take the narrow view and focus on one product, don't get on my case for wanting to help.

Top Bottom