• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Listening Chair

deprogrammed

JP

Major Contributor
If you don’t mind me asking... more info? Gorgeous and seemingly comfortable and ergonomic.

Certainly. Fredrik Kayser Model 711 lounge paired with a Spottrup ottoman.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Why is it that in the US furniture are always so huge!! On top of it they look atrocious fir the most part!
Because we're big people, doing big important things, the jobs no one else is big and strong enough to handle.
God Bless The USA

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Personally I prefer fabric listening chairs to reduce the close reflections while still having a headrest.
I prefer it because it is warmer when you first sit down.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I prefer it because it is warmer when you first sit down.
That too, I don't like smooth leather except its optics and smell neither at home or in the car, as its cold in the winter and hot in the summer.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That too, I don't like smooth leather except its optics and smell neither at home or in the car, as its cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
If you had 9 grandchildren you would appreciate the ease with which sticky hand marks are removed!
For me, the best thing is longevity.
Fabric and faux leather deteriorate and look tatty very much quicker than leather.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
If you had 9 grandchildren you would appreciate the ease with which sticky hand marks are removed!

You let your grandchildren inside your house? Seriously? ;)

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For me, the best thing is longevity.
Fabric and faux leather deteriorate and look tatty very much quicker than leather.
That is true, everything is a compromise, but since I don't have grandchildren I have different priorities.

jannek

Apart from vegetarianism (I'm a BBQ lover, but try to eat less and only responsibly raised meat) and personal preferences (like the smell of leather but dislike slipperyness and the feeling when sitting down) a little excursion to car hifi: Leather interior is the second worst feature for car acoustics after a glass roof. :)

Last edited:

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've got a leather Stressless recliner with foot rest as well. Lovely chair. I sit down to listen to music but it's so comfortable that I just fall asleep after 20 seconds... Oh well, who cares about the music anyway? We all know it's about the gear. :p

23.jpg

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

I make do with an Aeon chair ... Incredible chair. Comfortable, ergonomic. It takes a while to adjust it to your anatomy and .. yes wathcing movies and music, then it is like not much else. I 've been using one for a long time but am finding out of place in my man cave. Looking for same degree of comfort and ergonomics in a less "office" chair with a design and modern flair... At a similar price ;)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
It's not leftover skins that are used for leather. Usually, animals are bred for their leather with the leftovers going to dogfood.

And how many hunter-gatherers do you know who sit in leather Ekornes chairs?
So leather brings life where no life would be otherwise...

So many animals exist and enjoy life that otherwise wouldn't if there was no demand for their meat or skin ..

Its the strippers who end up dancing about sals leather chair we should be concerned about..

Last edited:
Top Bottom