• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Listening Chair

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Name one mammal we eat (that's purchased in a supermarket) that eats meat?

Almost mammal:

Gator-World-Alligator-Filet-1lb-350x350.jpg

True mammal:
butcher_bear_beige_preview-.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Gator is a favorite of us Floridians,
Eat it,, or be eaten. :p

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I only use cloth made chairs so that i don't eat them.
BF9FAF7E-6DCB-4AD3-9BE2-191842537434.jpeg

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Raindog123

Major Contributor
I happen to run into this thread lol and see some animal holocaust proponents passing off some comedy about it.

While well-aware of issues of animal mistreatment by the food industry, I find this "animal holocaust proponents passing-off some comedy about it" comment unwarranted here. Within the subject (a listening leather chair) and the development/flow of this thread, that is. Just IMHO.

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
While well-aware of issues of animal mistreatment by the food industry, I find this "animal holocaust proponents passing-off some comedy about it" comment unwarranted here. Within the subject (a listening leather chair) and the development/flow of this thread, that is. Just IMHO.

Let's hope that it is just your opinion. It's not just animal mistreatment that is at issue; animal consumption is one of the main drivers of climate change, and therefore on topic everywhere and all the time.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
nimal consumption is one of the main drivers of climate change, and therefore on topic everywhere and all the time

I am aware of that too... yet "animal holocaust proponents" is hardly the term to be used [here], no?

Personally, I am a big supporter of what BeyondMeat, Impossible Foods, and others are doing... But I am not sure we as mankind are there to abolish all the meat consumption at once. And when we eat meat, why not putting the leftover leather to good use too... And there is still that hunting-gathering (and fishing) aspect..?

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am aware of that too... yet "animal holocaust proponents" is hardly the term to be used [here], no?

Personally, I am a big supporter of what BeyondMeat, Impossible Foods, and others are doing... But I am not sure we as mankind are there to abolish all the meat consumption at once. And when we eat meat, why not putting the leftover leather to good use too... And there is still that hunting-gathering (and fishing) aspect..?

It's not leftover skins that are used for leather. Usually, animals are bred for their leather with the leftovers going to dogfood.

And how many hunter-gatherers do you know who sit in leather Ekornes chairs?

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not leftover skins that are used for leather. Usually, animals are bred for their leather with the leftovers going to dogfood.

And how many hunter-gatherers do you know who sit in leather Ekornes chairs?
Give it a rest.

Tks

Major Contributor
Sal and I just had a major altercation with an MQA fanboy on another forum. (QQ)
Got a link? I'm tired enough to not wanna post, but not too tired to read if it's something funny or interesting.

Top Bottom