• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Listening Chair

Tks

Major Contributor

why.jpg

Rockdog

animal consumption is one of the main drivers of climate change, and therefore on topic everywhere and all the time.
Yeah, not really. Feeding 9 billion people is a driver whether it's plants or meat. The meat industry is prone to veganazis and anti-capitalists on ideological grounds and since everything, including a damn listening chair is political, that's why it's on topic always everywhere. Sigh..

Leather chairs tend to last longer, synthetic chairs are often made from petroleum, natural plant fabrics are great but you'll build the same chair twice in the lifetime of leather.

Do your part, use common sense, and buy whatever the hell chair that suits you. Then relax, and give it a rest. :)

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
what about oysters? they are animals.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
what about oysters? they are animals.

Notting Hill (c)1999:

Keziah: No thanks, I'm a fruitarian.

Max: I didn't realize that.

William: And, ahm: what exactly is a fruitarian?

Keziah: We believe that fruits and vegetables have feeling so we think cooking is cruel. We only eat things that have actually fallen off a tree or bush - that are, in fact, dead already.

William: Right. Right. Interesting stuff. So, these carrots...

Keziah: Have been murdered, yes.

William: Murdered? Poor carrots. How beastly!

4558D8C8-B9D0-43AF-8A92-870FAC8E45E7.gif

Last edited:

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
many fruits "want" to be eaten - that's how they get dispersed, not to mention a nice load of fertilizer to get things started

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bivalves and such are grey area, as their sentience is an unsettled empirical matter. You'll get some vegans saying it's okay, and some argue it's not out of the cautionary principal argument. Personally, I don't eat them, but I would say to avoid it if you can, but I don't think it disqualifies you strictly from being a vegan.

Veganism isn't some convenient binary switch, it scales for many people with the level of sentience.

Also while I appreciate Raindog123's comedy and such. Please don't think vegans are some alien race or something. We're as varied as any other group of people. We have our fair share of nutjobs and quacks like any other group. It really is as simply as not using animal products as much as we can avoid it. Otherwise, we go about our day without much thought on it for the most part. Though people seem to perceive us as some sort religion (though when you look at religious baggage in terms of all the requirements, and demands, it's quite a poor comparison entirely).

sentience??

If that is your standard then we will have to discuss the ethics of unplugging ai systems.

Tks

Major Contributor
Let’s all back away from the Religious aspect of this conversation please.

Help us with some cones in that MQA thread that's been a raging fire for the past few days.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
I will be handing out Thread bans next. The Religious conversation is done and over. No more reach backs. Not asking now.

AdamG

Forum Donor
I let this thread get out of control. I had hoped for a better outcome. That’s on me. I have deleted posts that were political or religious.

Tks

Major Contributor
I let this thread get out of control. I had hoped for a better outcome. That’s on me. I have deleted posts that were political or religious.

Oh you were serious when you said religious? Who was talking about a religion? The talk was about veganism?

AdamG

Forum Donor
Oh you were serious when you said religious? Who was talking about a religion? The talk was about veganism?
Wrapped in a religious context. Just Veganism alone without any connection to a Performer/producer/composer is wildly off topic and thread drift.

Tks

Major Contributor
Wrapped in a religious context. Just Veganism alone without any connection to a Performer/producer/composer is wildly off topic and thread drift.

Yeah I would honestly contest this heavily if there was such a system of appeals. No one was doing what you seem to be describing, and we were having a talk about the basics respectfully and with all parties explaining themselves. Is there any chance I can get the copy of my posts PM'd to me so I don't have to retype them if I should take the discussion through PM's with them at least?

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Sorry @Sal1950 for turning a happy celebration of your listening chair into all this mess... A rather nice listening chair I must say, and I can only imagine how much a college cutie or two, once-a-month (totally understandable at your advanced age) enhances the “listening pleasure”!

But I do not think I have anything else meaningful to add to this thread, so I bid adieu here.

Rockdog

Yeah I would honestly contest this heavily if there was such a system of appeals. No one was doing what you seem to be describing, and we were having a talk about the basics respectfully and with all parties explaining themselves. Is there any chance I can get the copy of my posts PM'd to me so I don't have to retype them if I should take the discussion through PM's with them at least?
Sigh... sometimes it's best to move on. Moderator is right..

Sal, I like your chair!

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Close to back on topic?

It's a different kind of chair, but I recently got a Secret Lab Titan XL.

8EozufB.jpg

Hopefully I'll get more use out of it than the typical office chair which completely falls apart in a few years.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Close to back on topic?

It's a different kind of chair, but I recently got a Secret Lab Titan XL

Hopefully I'll get more use out of it than the typical office chair which completely falls apart in a few years.

Ever since THAT Gamers Nexus video, I haven't looked at a gaming chair the same way. :p This one looks great, though.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I would like a thread dedicated to headrests that can be removed or positioned out of the way. Until reading this thread, not only did I not know such a thing existed, but how badly I need one! Unfortunately this one comes only in Navy or White, and I'm looking for either black or earth colors.

Top Bottom