• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Listen Up.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My cat Elwood says the rugs are more significant than the stands, but his brother Jake disagrees.

I would presume they're on a "Mission from Gawd?"

(Confusing, as cats clearly recognize only themselves, as Gawds.)

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Button The Destroyer laughs at rugs.

I’d show a picture of Button, but this is Forbidden.

Rick “not fooled by Button’s small size” Denney

Now you've dunnit.

One of Johnathan Swithen's gory novels starts this way...

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now you've dunnit.

One of Johnathan Swithen's gory novels starts this way...
Nah, it was a light punishment this time. Only required 72 stitches.

Rick "Jonathan Swithen wrote about Button? Must read." Denney

OP
W

Watsonian

"I can relate." The mental DSP seems ok though. ...Just not headphones.

Possibly! Weirdly I can *hear* stereo on speakers - compared to headphones - simply because i get left and right channels "summed" together by virtue of the space I'm sitting in. In headphones, I can sum to mono but - yuck - it's a wall o'mud with some mixes. It's one of the reasons I'll probably never spend that much on headphones, I can't see the point. Or. Rather - hear the point.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
Does the fabric covering acoustic panels have any significant effect?​
I want to get them covered with bright colours instead of the usual dull stuff they generally use, like office furniture stuff. I think I'll have to get the fabric myself, rather than the people making the panels doing it.​
Red, yellow, blue, like this:​
whyimg01.jpg
HGGkitV.jpg

Katji

Major Contributor
:) I wasn't actually, but that Officehaus (Bauhaus-inspired rental office building in Vietnam) was...but when I looked at Google images of the Mondrian pictures, refreshed my memory, decided no, too busy, with the rectangles all on one piece with black line dividers. :) Even that, I basically don't like artwork on the walls. Unless I could change it every so often.

On the other hand, though, one high-end dealer in Cape Town...(I'll post some pics sometime)...an old Victorian house, and a warehouse loft, lots of paintings - originals - some of which I do like, and some references to what some people call obscene art. :) But what I've always liked about his places is the fabrics.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
This is just for rear wall reflections, because I'm right up against it. I'm sure a few big panels there will help, even before I get a mic and start investigating with REW. And without bothering with the specs of the Rockwool or whatever they use.

hmmm, I wish some Afghan/Iranian rugs would work, 3 of a suitable size wouldn't cost much more than the acoustic paenls.

Top Bottom