• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Listen and choose the 8th generation digital copy.

Bugal1998

Forum Donor
People always make excuses for their gear. I don't think I've ever heard someone make choices on my posted file listening tests with:

I'm confident of my choices as I used my Wilson Grand Slam speakers driven by Mark Levinson 523 amps and my dcs stack as my MSB stack is back getting an upgrade.

:):):)
Late to the party, but didn't read ahead in the thread. I couldn't hear any differences after trying all tracks. While lacking the pedigree you referenced, I'm confident in my choices and lay all blame on my ears (and my ears work just fine).

Equipment used:

PC USB>Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB>MiniDSP (PEQ)>Monoprice THX887>Sennheiser HD800S
PC USB>Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB>MiniDSP (DIRAC)>JBL 305p mkii w/single subwoofer (near field in small acoustically treated room)
USB Drive>NAD T777v3 (DIRAC)> JBL 708p w/dual subwoofers (far field in medium sized asymmetrical and highly reflective untreated room)
USB Drive>NAD C658 (DIRAC)>Crown 8/300N>JBL M2 (far field in very large treated room)

Last edited:
OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thread Starter #102
Late to the party, but didn't read ahead in the thread. I couldn't hear any differences after trying all tracks. While lacking the pedigree you referenced, I'm confident in my choices and lay all blame on my ears (and my ears work just fine).

Equipment used:

PC USB>Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB>MiniDSP (PEQ)>Monoprice THX887>Sennheiser HD800S
PC USB>Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB>MiniDSP (DIRAC)>JBL 305p mkii w/single subwoofer (near field in small acoustically treated room)
USB Drive>NAD T777v3 (DIRAC)> JBL 708p w/dual subwoofers (far field in medium sized asymmetrical and highly reflective untreated room)
USB Drive>NAD C658 (DIRAC)>Crown 8/300N>JBL M2 (far field in very large treated room)
Here is one comparing three pro ADC units over on Gearslutz. One of them is the Pacific Microsonics HDCD 2 converter.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/hig...pi-vs-pacific-microsonics-hdcd-model-2-a.html

Top Bottom