• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Linus Tech Tips is going to be testing audio gear? LTT Lab 1

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Imagine you are part of a small business, send your product for evaluation to "mighty" LTT only to see it fail due to improper usage and the reviewer tells everybody: "This product would have been bulls**t regardless of improper testing and it is overpriced anyway." Just because they were too lazy. For someone with such a mindset ethics are "broken" and I don't see a way this can be fixed.

Yeah, that's what really got to me too. As someone who has been an entrepreneur for about 30 years now, it literally made me feel sick to my stomach to see how casually and carelessly he handled that. It falls into the unconscionable category.

That's enough to show me who he is.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, that's what really got to me too. As someone who has been an entrepreneur for about 30 years now, it literally made me feel sick to my stomach to see how casually and carelessly he handled that. It falls into the unconscionable category.

That's enough to show me who he is.
I think he and the team didn't understand the severity of the error in his ways and the strict commitment and accuracy required for lab work testing gear as he is doing recently. When I first commenced working with electronics lab gear and doing the labs to learn the electronics principles and theory I was amazed at the technical expectations of the instructional staff. Right down to me using perfect writing skills to the page layout everything was analytically graded, strictly rated and a couple of mistakes could take a lab report and make it a ~80%'er grade which I was trying to exceed by a fair margin. I learned fast that if I wanted a proper high 90% percentile grade and to be respected that I had to try much much more and do much better than the usual stuff that passes a ~80%'er casual grade. It doesn't de-rate the errors of his ways but at the least I don't think he's a personality without empathy and caring and I think he and his team will do better in the future. I hope they can get past this and learn from their mistakes. I have no ideas yet about that sexual harassment in the workplace stuff that the woman/ex-employee is stating that occurred. I have not read much about that yet and would look down on that very negatively. What a mess this is! If me I would be kicking my butt for not selling the company a short while ago for a appreciable sum. >@*_^@<

D

Deleted member 48726

She says she was receiving nude pictures of male genitalia in the process of managing that account. That ain't no joke.
No it's not. And it wasn't included in the info here before now.

Top Bottom