• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LiNKFOR TPA3221 Hi-Fi Digital Power Amplifier

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Can this amplifier be recommended ? It's a tpa 3221 based amp and as you can see it has 4 inputs so you basically don't need an audio source selector if you have a tape deck,pc,cdplayer and a turntable (with either built in phonostage or a separate phonostage), in my case i just need a usb to digital out converter since my motherboard doesn't have an optical or coaxial out, i have one, i could then use a compact class d amp without a audio source selector

In the AIYIMA A05 Review (also a tpa3221 based amp) they say it't has high distortion at low levels https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/aiyima-a05-review-budget-amplifier.26440/

Is it worth going for one ?

51Ax5mOASQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Without testing who knows? The TPA3221 datasheet should give you an idea of the upper limit of performance, but in a cheap amp there are probably going to be some compromises so it'll probably measure a bit worse like the A05 did. Another thing manufacturers often mess up in this product class is proper sequencing to avoid pops on power up and/or down. It's an interesting feature set at a low price, so could still be good value even if the performance isn't great in absolute terms.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No pop sounds from my fosi audio BT20A

I have a TPA3116 and a infineon 12070 amp both have to be used with an audio source selector so one less unit to use with an amp that has 4 inputs although i have to use an usb to coaxial or optical converter from my pc

Theres also the diffrence in the chip, once had a TDA7498E but wasn't as good as my fosi audio bt20a amp

Toku

Major Contributor
Can this amplifier be recommended ? It's a tpa 3221 based amp and as you can see it has 4 inputs so you basically don't need an audio source selector if you have a tape deck,pc,cdplayer and a turntable (with either built in phonostage or a separate phonostage), in my case i just need a usb to digital out converter since my motherboard doesn't have an optical or coaxial out, i have one, i could then use a compact class d amp without a audio source selector

In the AIYIMA A05 Review (also a tpa3221 based amp) they say it't has high distortion at low levels https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/aiyima-a05-review-budget-amplifier.26440/

Is it worth going for one ?

51Ax5mOASQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I think this product uses TPA3116 instead of TPA3221 due to the power supply voltage and heatsink structure.
Maybe the output power is 50Wx2 instead of 100Wx2.

Top Bottom