• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Linear power supply for streamer?

bxl

Hello everybody, first post here. First of all thank you for the amazing base of knowledge you've all put together here.

Just a quick question: Do linear power supplies make a difference IN SOUND on streamers?
I am using a DigiOne Signature hooked to my Denafrips Ares II. The DigiOne is powered with two PSU, an ifi iPower for the clean side and the psu that came with the Pi for the dirty side.
I have been told that something like the Allo Shanti would be an improvement soundwise but I prefer to run it by you guys before anything.
The cool thing about the Shanti is that I can power both sides with just one PSU.
But... I'm only interested in sound.

For the record, I don't believe power cables, speaker cables, USB cables, Ethernet cables possess sound qualities :)
I guess I wouldn't be here otherwise.

Please be kind is my first post here.

Cheers!

p.s. Love Amirs' Youtube channel!!!

Last edited:

threni

Major Contributor
Hello everybody, first post here. First of all thank you for the amazing base of knowledge you've all put together here.

Just a quick question: Do linear power supplies make a difference IN SOUND on streamers?
I am using a DigiOne Signature hooked to my Denafrips Ares II. The DigiOne is powered with two PSU, an ifi iPower for the clean side and the psu that came with the Pi for the dirty side.
I have been told that something like the Allo Shanti would be an improvement soundwise but I prefer to run it by you guys before anything.
The cool thing about the Shanti is that I can power both sides with just one PSU.

For the record, I don't believe power cables, speaker cables, USB cables, Ethernet cables possess sound qualities :)

Cheers!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If the component is really, really poorly designed then it could conceivably benefit from a ‘better’ PSU, but that then begs the question why would anyone purchase such a poor design in the first instance.
Keith

OP
B

bxl

If the component is really, really poorly designed then it could conceivably benefit from a ‘better’ PSU, but that then begs the question why would anyone purchase such a poor design in the first instance.
Keith

Indeed.
Thank you!

martytoo

I am here because I searched for this question. I recently bought a Topping E50 DAC. Many reviewers like this unit but also suggest paying another $50 to $150 for a high quality "wall wart" that outputs clean power to the USB cable. Others suggest using a battery power brick to power the Topping DAC>

I am hesitant and it seems the consensus here is that this is wasted money. Thanks in advance.

1470West

Cheers!

Has anyone replied? I find this to be a good topic

sq225917

Major Contributor
A friend has the digione signature and shanti packed away in a box. A simple windows nuc did everything he wanted with less fuss and a bay for an ssd.

1470West

A friend has the digione signature and shanti packed away in a box. A simple windows nuc did everything he wanted with less fuss and a bay for an ssd.
Hello, I have the Roon nuc too. I’m looking for the endpoint to my denefrips Aries II

Top Bottom