• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Limited Participation For The Next Few Weeks...

Narnian

Take your time and be safe. My prayers are with you and your family. If there is anything we can do to help I am sure the whole gang here would love to pitch in.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Dear me, if it’s causing such an issue just delete it. It’s become a little too uptight here lately. Amir appeared to take it in the nature intended, that will do for me and I’ll go back to lurking.
Ha, I thought BDWoody was cracking a joke when I read that yesterday.....I'd been reading a series of all the prior posts where there were lots of jokes happening so I read his post and it made me chuckle, I read it as a joke. Don't know though, but it doesn't matter.....don't go back to lurking though, no point sulking! :D

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Chester,
I am holding the acronym "TTL" hostage and changed its meaning to "Taboo Topic List"!
You have to honor TTL in every human communication, including forums and ASR... and not just within your family and your better half!
You can lurk or sulk if you wish, but uphold the TTL, please!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The major reason for this is that we are getting our older home ready for sale and it is in another city.
I noticed that you posted a new SMSL Review today: Does this mean there is a happy ending to your house sale?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I hope your music room is on the ground floor, so test speakers do not have to be carried upstairs.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I noticed that you posted a new SMSL Review today: Does this mean there is a happy ending to your house sale?
Unfortunately not. Just took a break for a couple of days before going back. Lots of clean up, maintenance and repairs are ahead of us.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I hope your music room is on the ground floor, so test speakers do not have to be carried upstairs.
Oh. We have been in our new house for 5+ years. Had our children living in the old house until they moved out. So I still have to haul things upstairs for testing.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Oh. We have been in our new house for 5+ years. Had our children living in the old house until they moved out. So I still have to haul things upstairs for testing.
Oops.

I really appreciate and enjoy reading these reviews. Thank you!

And I don't get people saying they're bored with DAC reviews. I mean, is someone forcing you to thread these? Seriously.

Anyway, I find it very informative and interesting to learn where the state of the art is, for anything audio related, irrespective of my own future purchasing priorities. For DACs, we have now a very well-established threshold we will reasonably expect gear to meet or surpass, and a reasonable price point associated with same. If anyone out there pushes their DAC for well into four figures or above, we also know it's fundamentally a scam. That alone is worthy consumer information.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Separating the wheat from the chaff is still required regarding DACs. :D
Maybe your crystal ball works better than mine: I never thought of someone introducing "organic" DACs;)!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Unfortunately not. Just took a break for a couple of days before going back. Lots of clean up, maintenance and repairs are ahead of us.
I cannot be the only person waiting for that positive "closure" statement from you.
Hopefully soon, you can show us the "In Escrow" photo in front of your house.;)
FWIW: Have you heard of the "1060app.com" site; that is wanting to be known as the "TikTok of RealEstate"?

Last edited:
Top Bottom