• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LG V60 vs fiio M17 vs Astell Kern SP3000 will i notice better sound audio quality in my car?

DS_Construct

I agree. I leave my LG V50 (car and camping/hiking DAP) connected to the 3.5mm in my car and plug it into the usb in the car when needed. For office and home, I use my trusty FiiO M15.

jdjung

I own a Astell & Kern SR35 and it sounds amazing for such a small device and powers my 6xx with no issues. It's also very well built. Haven't heard the SP3000.

raif71

Major Contributor
The amp of v60 and fiio m17 might be different. There is also a 4.4mm jack for the fiio which may be useful to some.

Edit: just saw the usage is in the car so using fiio m17 or the sp3000 would be overkill imho

Last edited:

FINFET

Forum Donor
You can use the AUX mode for headphones that need higher power on LG V60. Simply first insert a 3.5mm extension cable then insert your headphone will do the trick. This thing can drive most headphones in this way. When you use that in a car then it's already aux so no difference.
I can't see why people are buying portable players with crazy price.

Demir958

Kesinlikle bir fark yaratıyor, ancak aux ile başladığınızda değil.
Araç sisteminizde amplifikatör varsa ve bu amplifikatöre doğrudan DSP bağlantısı yaparsanız farkı ancak o zaman anlarsınız.

minclistr

I wouldn't buy anything from Astell & Kern, not after my SR25 battery blew up from regular use.
The backing came off and now it isn't even portable anymore, so it's just a DAC until my 1000 $ dies on me.
I can just imagine what temp fluctuations from leaving a A&K DAP in the car would do...

Top Bottom