• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LG V60 vs fiio M17 vs Astell Kern SP3000 will i notice better sound audio quality in my car?

coolkids

Happy new year.

My previous phone died it was samsung galaxy s9,
I recently bought LG V60, i listen to music only with 3.5mm jack aux port in my car or with wired headphones..
I dont like bluetooth drains battery and quality is bad.

If i buy Fiio m17 or astell kern sp3000 will i hear notice better audio quality when i am listening to the same audio songs?
I understand these are not cheap , but lets comment on specs.... lg have 4 dacs ess sabre i think
ES9219 thats the model i am not 100% sure.
my car have premium mark levinson sound system from the factory.

here are
https://www.fiio.com/m17_parameters m17 specs i see that provides sound quality up to up to 768kHz-32bit/DSD512, i am not sure how much is the sound quality in aux 3.5mm jack ...

here are specs for sp3000 from astellkern
  • DAC
    AKM AK4191 x2(Dual Modulator) & AK4499EX x4 (Dual + Dual DAC) it have several dacs inside
    • Decoding
      Support up to 32bit/768kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback simular decoding like fiio
Will i hear notice huge/big dramatic audio improvement, in my car if i listen music from any of these players compared to my lg v60 or not ?

OP
C

coolkids

Hi Welcome to ASR To answer your question... No. Peace.
Hey there, can you explain why? Did you check both players and specs ?
Astell kern cost aroun 4000$ i bought my lg for about 200$
it have better newer dacs less distortion etcs,also same is valid for Fiioo why i will not notice any improvement or hear?

Pat

Maybe, if your car is in park with engine off on a quiet lane somewhere. Seriously though any audio system is only as good as its weakest link - look at the specs for all components in the change - if the LG and the AK are both better in terms of distortion than the factory sound system then you will not be able discern any difference between the two, at least not in the car.

OP
C

coolkids

Maybe, if your car is in park with engine off on a quiet lane somewhere. Seriously though any audio system is only as good as its weakest link - look at the specs for all components in the change - if the LG and the AK are both better in terms of distortion than the factory sound system then you will not be able discern any difference between the two, at least not in the car.

I will be listening only mp3s with around 320 sound quality..... whats the purpose of these players then, since they are into the same level as phones like lg v60?
i was thinking they offer better sound quality due to their chipsets inside?

GaryH

Major Contributor
Their purpose is to make loads of money, by charging ridiculous amounts for something that provides no audible improvement over a smartphone.

OP
C

coolkids

Their purpose is to make loads of money, by charging ridiculous amounts for something that provides no audible improvement over a smartphone.
Is there better , alternative to LG V60 with dramatic audio improvement of my mp3s which i listen to my car with aux 3.5mm jack or nothing better exists in this world . something from other brand not fiio or astel kern?
Car is equiped with mark levinson sound system, and i hear dramatic improvement if i listen music same songs from bluetooth and if i listen to same songs via usb flash drive for example...

GaryH

Major Contributor
Is there better , alternative to LG V60 with dramatic audio improvement of my mp3s which i listen to my car with aux 3.5mm jack or nothing better exists in this world . something from other brand not fiio or astel kern?
Car is equiped with mark levinson sound system, and i hear dramatic improvement if i listen music same songs from bluetooth and if i listen to same songs via usb flash drive for example...
No, the LG will already be audibly transparent (with a wired connection; bluetooth is a different story, especially as it will be re-encoding your already lossy MP3s.)

OP
C

coolkids

Wait .... mp3 files @320kbps?? Don't spent for an V60 where Fiio M3K for 70$ or similar is more than enough.
Unfortunately my previous samsung phone broke, so i need a phone, with headphone jack.
I can get Fiio, only in case its much better and improved in audio compared to my lg but i will still need a phone.
No, the LG will already be audibly transparent (with a wired connection; bluetooth is a different story, especially as it will be re-encoding your already lossy MP3s.)

Is Lg v60 the best audio phone lg ever produced, is it better than v30-40-50? and also g5 -g6-g7? i see Amir, measured well g7.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I will be listening only mp3s with around 320 sound quality..... whats the purpose of these players then, since they are into the same level as phones like lg v60?
i was thinking they offer better sound quality due to their chipsets inside?
@coolkids

Stay here at ASR. You will learn with objective proofs that price has very little to do with performance. We have witnessed here on ASR, $15,000.oo DAc that fared no better than a $9.95 Apple dongle.

If you are serious, stay. It will be quite a fulfilling audio journey.

Peace

OP
C

coolkids

@coolkids

Stay here at ASR. You will learn with objective proofs that price has very little to do with performance. We have witnessed here on ASR, $15,000.oo DAc that fared no better than a $9.95 Apple dongle.

If you are serious, stay. It will be quite a fulfilling audio journey.

Peace
Based on this i should stick with my LG V60 , for the rest of my life :) ?

GaryH

Major Contributor
Is Lg v60 the best audio phone lg ever produced, is it better than v30-40-50? and also g5 -g6-g7? i see Amir, measured well g7.
As I said, it will be audibly transparent, so you won't get better audibly.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Welcome to ASR coolkids. I have an AK Kann and a Sony NW-A306. In my car (BMW 520D with standard sound system) I use the Sony or my phone when I want to listen to music in the car.

Reasons for using the Sony: I can store my entire music collection on an SD card and listen to it via a wired connection. I am hard pressed to hear any SQ difference between it and the AK. The reason I bought the Sony is because it is very small and fits in centre console storage whereas the AK does not. It also has big push buttons that I can navigate by feel instead of looking at the AK's touchscreen or trying to find its tiny buttons. Most importantly, it boots much faster than the AK so I don't have to wait as long to get music.

Reason I bought the AK: it has a great amp in it with enough voltage to drive almost any headphone so I do not have to carry a separate amp when listening on the go. The downside is that it is massive and brick-like so it does not fit in my pocket or in the car (unless there is nobody in the passenger seat).

Reasons for using the phone: Access to Google Music and other streaming services. I connect it to the car via Bluetooth and like I said, it is difficult to hear a difference in the car. I understand your concern about draining the battery, so mine is plugged into the cigarette lighter socket with a USB adapter. Also, it plays any notifications from Google maps through the car sound system and it is really useful to hear "There is a speed camera ahead".

Robin L

Master Contributor
Hey there, can you explain why? Did you check both players and specs ?
Astell kern cost aroun 4000$ i bought my lg for about 200$
it have better newer dacs less distortion etcs,also same is valid for Fiioo why i will not notice any improvement or hear?
The simplest explanation is that the self-noise of the car in motion would swamp the self-noise of any of the DAPs/Music players you would be using.

Robin L

Master Contributor

Keith_W

Major Contributor
BTW, these were the considerations when I purchased a DAP for my car:

- Fast startup. This rules out most AK players because they take a couple of minutes to startup. I want it to start up in 20 seconds or less. Unfortunately this spec is usually not published, so you have to visit an audio shop to time each DAP. I am aware that DAP's by Luxury and Precision have very fast startup but they are not marketed in Australia.
- Small size. The Hiby R3 was the smallest DAP, but it had the unfortunate limitation of not being able to take larger memory cards. It also had annoying plastic construction and felt flimsy.
- Prominent buttons. Big tick for Sony, those buttons can easily be felt when i'm driving so I can change track without looking at the player.
- USB-C charging. Nearly all DAP's have these, except for some Sony models and Apple iPods (if you can still find them).
- Ability to accommodate 1TB memory cards.
- Interface. I want it to be fast enough for me to select another album to play while I am stopped at traffic lights.
- Cheap but not at the expense of build quality.

Other features such as sound quality, amplifier output, battery life, Bluetooth were not important to me, but they may be to you.

Chrise36

Major Contributor
Happy new year.

My previous phone died it was samsung galaxy s9,
I recently bought LG V60, i listen to music only with 3.5mm jack aux port in my car or with wired headphones..
I dont like bluetooth drains battery and quality is bad.

If i buy Fiio m17 or astell kern sp3000 will i hear notice better audio quality when i am listening to the same audio songs?
I understand these are not cheap , but lets comment on specs.... lg have 4 dacs ess sabre i think
ES9219 thats the model i am not 100% sure.
my car have premium mark levinson sound system from the factory.

here are
https://www.fiio.com/m17_parameters m17 specs i see that provides sound quality up to up to 768kHz-32bit/DSD512, i am not sure how much is the sound quality in aux 3.5mm jack ...

here are specs for sp3000 from astellkern
  • DAC
    AKM AK4191 x2(Dual Modulator) & AK4499EX x4 (Dual + Dual DAC) it have several dacs inside
    • Decoding
      Support up to 32bit/768kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback simular decoding like fiio
Will i hear notice huge/big dramatic audio improvement, in my car if i listen music from any of these players compared to my lg v60 or not ?
The head units adc is probably sub par to notice any difference. You could maybe notice something if you could drive the amps directly from the source but dont worry too much about it. If there is a digital input on the cars system any phone will do you dont need an expensive one.

Top Bottom