• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Let's talk audio capacitors

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
elna silmic 2 can sound very flat
but the little burnin time, same properties rubicon blackgate.
100 hours.
then also comes much better bass, quite powerful I would say
as well as better 3 d

1710286441581.jpeg

doitttt

there is an audible difference
I do not explain but it is there
rubicon black gate is kult

TankTop

The military use what is called mil-spec stuff, and virtually all of the components are from the civilian sector. The main goal of mil spec is that things are tested to a common standard per the standards. For example, the capacitor mentioned at the top of this article would not be specified specifically for military use, a rather more common electrolytic would be used. When it comes to satellite and space stuff, there the standards are higher more due to the external condition extremes of temp and bombardment by radiation in space.
Rabbit trail… there’s a company near me that does radiation testing on components for satellites. All the components are shipped and packages of dry ice and then blasted with massive amounts of radiation to simulate decades of use in space. Occasionally the company will take the dry ice after blasting the component with massive amounts of radiation and make ice cream.

Top Bottom