• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Let's talk about optical disc drives!

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The smug and laughable way the author covers this is a bit much, but he's probably correct about the device's usefulness in today's market. However, when you think about it, for $150.00 it's pretty amazing, and really a bargain, to use an overworked audiophile description.

FWIW I have an optical drive in my four year old PC, but I'm not sure I've ever used it. My three year old car has a CD player, and I know I've never used it.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@anmpr1 well it's useful from time to time for me all do I do network streaming most of time anyway. I kept my old NZXT case and modified it so that it takes two 140 mm fans and a optical drive front.

OP
ThatM1key

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
The smug and laughable way the author covers this is a bit much, but he's probably correct about the device's usefulness in today's market. However, when you think about it, for $150.00 it's pretty amazing, and really a bargain, to use an overworked audiophile description.
I didnt see the article last page. I think this drive is not that special. Supposedly it can play 4K movies but it's not worth the asking price still.

Top Bottom