• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Let's talk about food!

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It didn't survive the pandemic, but the Hawaii flagship Walgreens store was pretty wild. For those not familiar with the chain, I guess it would be the equivalent of Boots the chemist.
_R000975.jpg

_R000972.jpg

Katji

Major Contributor
:)
India at Davos summit...

" Bright colours and bold logos proudly signal where India has set up base on the main street in Davos this year, as the country trumpets its pro-business and foreign investment drive.

Inside a pavilion on the Swiss Alpine resort’s Promenade street beneath an “India @ Davos 2022” logo, the federal government served up treats including ‘masala chai’ tea, ‘samosa’ snacks and other spicy delicacies.

Clustered around it are six Indian states with their own lounges, housed in what are usually high street shops.

[...]

At the government’s base, food was being prepared by a team of 15 chefs who were flown in from India, along with 450 kilograms of vegetables and local spices, head chef Guru Nathan told Reuters, as people enjoyed a fragrant morning buffet.

“We were asked to keep the spice moderate so that everyone can enjoy (the food),” Nathan said.
"

[LOL]

https://www.euractiv.com/section/eu...ew-reality-on-display-with-davos-street-show/

thali.jpg

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
The first good tomatoes of summer are starting to roll in. So with the thermometer nearing 90 degrees, there's only one choice. Gazpacho. My version. Served with a 2021 Dr. Konstantin Frank Rkatsiteli.

gazpacho.jpg

JP

Major Contributor
The first good tomatoes of summer are starting to roll in. So with the thermometer nearing 90 degrees, there's only one choice. Gazpacho. My version. Served with a 2021 Dr. Konstantin Frank Rkatsiteli.

View attachment 219607
Want

JP

Major Contributor
It can be arranged. It was pretty damn good if I do say so myself, and I do.
I always order gazpacho if it's on the menu.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Today summer gave us a small truce, so it was oven time! I did a pie. With two sheets of puffy pastry, on the base I spred a pepper jam, cured beef, goat cheese and sealed. To the oven till the pie rises to a dome and voilá!

It was nice to eat something not cold at last!

I always order gazpacho if it's on the menu.
Try salmorejo, the simplified version of the same soup. :p

Reactions: SIY

Katji

Major Contributor
This came from a music video I got to a couple months ago...and the dj is one of the house DJs at the Black Impala restaurant /shisanyama. (barbecue / braaivleis.) On the bay at Nelson Mandela Bay city FKA Port Elizabeth. [South Africa]
Quite unusual, because shisanyama is typically outdoors at township taverns and at Sunday car washes. :)
So I bookmarked it all a while ago and today someone posted a video of the same DJ, and I thought it was the same one, it looked the same, but it then I saw that it was at the Radisson Blu hotel.

E7Xsx7PXIAAj-q4.jpg

b_black_impala7.jpg

FVrhJ4CWYAEVO5S

b_black_impala2.jpg

Beef platter for 2:

beef_platter_for_2.jpg

platter.jpg

EX6Z8qiWsAANleu.jpg

EX6Z8CcWsAAY8wH.jpg

FLJoUG3WUAI_gE6.jpg

FLJoUkwXsAEas7u

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
i had this as meal years ago .
i feel like having same again as there is nothing right or wrong with it .
i even measured the tomatoe as it was i think one of those alien area - 51 tomatoes it was huge .
YUCK
Your not supposed to eat your cats food. :(
Let alone on that "choke you from it's dryness" bird seed bread.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
If the whole grain bread you get there is dry, you need to get to know better bakers. :)

I just finished the last of this season's tomatoes last night. This is always a sad event.

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My wonderful wife bakes a fresh loaf every few days. One of life's simple pleasures but one I look forward to most mornings....:)

IMG_9716.jpg

killdozzer

Major Contributor
My nephew is visiting! He's a fan! And this beast has 800g!
Beef.jpg

I de-bone them. I can do it with almost no waste and it doesn't scratch my steak-pan.

Top Bottom