• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Let's talk about food!

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I could entirely be misunderstanding the (Indian) food culture. And the reason they have some vegetarian/vegan options is just due to hipster (modern/progressive?) restaurant in hipster area in this town. There many great progressive and 'international' (I kind of hate the term ethnic here, but it's what most use) food here. :D
Columbus has become one of the great unknown food cities in the USA. Possibly in the world.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Columbus has become one of the great unknown food cities in the USA. Possibly in the world.
I'm from Cleveland and I travel to Columbus at least twice a month to Columbus for work and I go on a foodie search for the best that Columbus has to offer.

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yup, I love it here!

I'm from Cleveland and I travel to Columbus at least twice a month to Columbus for work and I go on a foodie search for the best that Columbus has to offer.

Go try Rooh sometime, you're welcome. :p

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
this
Chain of Lakes
This area you are referring to ('Chain of Lakes') does not appear to be the same as the "Finger Lakes" (Lake George and my favorite; Brandt Lake) region of upstate NY.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
this

This area you are referring to ('Chain of Lakes') does not appear to be the same as the "Finger Lakes" (Lake George and my favorite; Brandt Lake) region of upstate NY.
We used to live in Chain of Lakes (N. Illinois), but moved to Phoenix (AZ). Two years there and moved to just west of the Finger Lakes (NY). I think we're done moving. :cool:

JP

Major Contributor
We used to live in Chain of Lakes (N. Illinois), but moved to Phoenix (AZ). Two years there and moved to just west of the Finger Lakes (NY). I think we're done moving. :cool:

Still love the cold?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We used to live in Chain of Lakes (N. Illinois), but moved to Phoenix (AZ).
How on earth, can you move a lake (or a Chain of Lakes) from one state to another?
Do such moves require environmental approvals and worry about indigenous artifact impact reports??
How do the fish (to stay on topic) feel about such a move?:oops:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Think various soft cheeses...
Hehe... As kid I was forbidden to eat all the soft cheeses in the fridge because they where for treats and platters so I would sneak little slivers and it was so tasty I would eat 1/2 of it over 2-3 days and expect nobody would tally the consumption and then lie about it. Everybody knew it was me...lol :facepalm:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hehe... As kid I was forbidden to eat all the soft cheeses in the fridge because they where for treats and platters so I would sneak little slivers and it was so tasty I would eat 1/2 of it over 2-3 days and expect nobody would tally the consumption and then lie about it. Everybody knew it was me...lol :facepalm:
My sister was just the opposite: She hated cheese!
It was discovered much time later that she would keep the cheese inside her cheek and when nobody could see her, she would spit it out behind a space heater ('calorifer').
That's when I learned green mold has a weird color to it.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1643498037318.jpeg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Timcognito You get a penalty on the playing field.;)
You should not expect others to know or remember Eurythmics of your post, to get the funniness of your joke.

JP

Major Contributor
And the snow, yes, absolutely.
Hmm. We’re bundling Charlie in two sweaters and a jacket. Takes us 15 minutes to warm him enough to stop shaking after being out for five.

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am a HUGE Stilton fan. For some reason, it is difficult to find here in Central Florida. I especially like it with a fine, aged tawny port.

Tillman

Tremolo

Artisanal blue-veined pecorino cheese.

Attachments

• PXL_20220201_192218485.jpg
    PXL_20220201_192218485.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 49

Gekel

I am a HUGE Stilton fan. For some reason, it is difficult to find here in Central Florida. I especially like it with a fine, aged tawny port.

Tillman
It is generally a problem to find any good cheese (and bread) in the USA. And chocolate, too.

Greetings from Switzerland.:cool:

Gekel

Presentation....

Self made bread
20200320_153135.jpg

Local supermarket - the area with the open cheese
20201205_111900.jpg

Details:
20201205_111925.jpg

Side note: the area in the first pictureshows around 30% of the total area reserved for cheese.

20211220_085336.jpg

More bread

20210925_145453.jpg

And finally the correct tool to handle the bread. the smaller ones are older, the one on the left is the new one with a 30cm blade

Top Bottom