• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Less time on ASR for the foreseeable future

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do what you have to do. If there are any questions on the vintage stuff, we always have ChatGPT ;) See you back here soon.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
Good luck - hope it goes OK

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Best wishes for you and your parents.

gene_stl

Forum Donor
Your parents are fortunate to have you at their backs.
I spent a lot of time yapping about a chair lift for a family member and was ignored because they got cheep in their old age even though they could afford it. But the main person was lucky and never fell. He got seriously ill and moved to the dining room till the end. The younger have to look after the older.
Best wishes to you and your folks.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Best Regards and good wishes from me too. I don't have anything to add to the messages above, which show how you're held in high regard on here.
Come back whenever you can, or feel you want to.

S.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been through this not long ago. Glad you are there to assist and care for him.

Your contribution here is always valuable and will be missed. But hopefully you will get things arranged leaving some time for ASR. Hoping they figure out what is wrong with your father and improve his condition.

Take care.
100%

You are lucky to have this opportunity to spend time with them and they are lucky to have you. I wish your dad the best possible outcome.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Family comes first. Hope everything resolves well with your dad. Look forward to your contributions when you once again have some free time. Enjoy your time with your parents. Best wishes.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My wonderful Dad (John Sr) is about to turn 90 years old and I was about to organise a flight alongside a WW2 Spitfire for his birthday in about 4 weeks. Or a USAF P42 Mustang. A WW2 kid, he loves Spitfires and USAF planes and grew up during WW2. That isn't going to happen.

He's had a bit of an 'episode' and is now in hospital. Not a stroke or heart attack, a bit of a mystery actually. Hopefully I should be driving him (and my wonderful mother) home soon (he's a doctor and hates being in hospital), but I will be spending some time re-arranging the bottom floor of their house so he (they) can live downstairs and not have him climbing the staircase mutiple times a day. I'll have an internal lift installed as it's long overdue and I've been vocal about expediting this for a number of years. I want my parents to be able to stay in their home for as long as they want.

Luckily, they are both retired medical professionals, so I don't have to fight acceptance too much...

So I may be away from ASR for a bit, and not respond in a timely manner to PMs or replies.

Cheers guys.

John
Sorry to hear that. My Dad is the same age and has begun the ”long goodbye”. Good luck with your efforts, you will be missed here.

Gringoaudio1

Forum Donor
I’m traveling to celebrate my father’s 90th this coming weekend. He always had nice audio gear. Started my interest in audio and diy audio. Helped him with Heathkit audio projects in the 1960s and early 70s. My mother tossed the Garrard 301 turntable and Heathkit mono sound system once the Dual 1219, Heathkit receiver, original KLH5s and Sony reel to reel came into the house. Those things are worth a fortune now! If we’d only known! He can’t hear well and not at all out of one ear but still plays classical music and opera on the TV now and is still taken away by the music.
Good luck to you and your family Restorer John.

Last edited:
Top Bottom