• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal arguments about Hypex and NORD licensing

Samoyed

Please close my account and remove my posts.

You continue to speculate and expectorate regarding a contract which likely doesn’t exist.

Again, please....

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I’m retired, and in this context not bound by the rules of professional conduct in this purely educational endeavor.
I am retired too but just as real life, I strive to be professional, and set an example for my profession and industry. That you thought your job would be the only reason to do so, is very unfortunate.

It is not too late by the way. You can choose to act properly, learn to educate people instead of shouting and getting frustrated/angry. Nothing good has come out of you doing so.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Please close my account and remove my posts.
I cannot delete your posts. But can randomize the owner so that it is not associated with your alias.

I suggest you take a break from the forum, reflect on what happened and take a different course of action. As it is, it will bug you forever....

Samoyed

I suggest you check your ego into a Holiday Inn where it belongs with the other clowns.

Please close my account and “randomize.”

Samoyed

I am retired too but just as real life, I strive to be professional, and set an example for my profession and industry. That you thought your job would be the only reason to do so, is very unfortunate.

It is not too late by the way. You can choose to act properly, learn to educate people instead of shouting and getting frustrated/angry. Nothing good has come out of you doing so.
Stop IMPUTING things to people you can’t possibly infer.

Yes, you are the apotheosis of professionalism. Sure.

Please close the account.

OP
restorer-john

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Samoyed, come back sometime. Seriously.

Just maybe check some of the attitude at the Holiday Inn concierge desk, and all will be well. :)

Samoyed

You are as amusing as a big, fat turd in a punch bowl. You got the responses you intentionally provoked.

Admin, please close my account and randomize.

I am amused by your assertions of professionalism having present to mind many of your curt, inflammatory and provocative posts regarding others.

Tend to your own character.

As they say in Mexico, AMF.

I’m on the bus outta here, sitting next to the Australian RPM exception....

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You are full of crap. Please remove my membership and all my posts.

Please leave his obscene tirades up so the world can see what an insecure jerk and idiot this seemingly well-studied compulsive dog-lawyer is.

So, all you have left are ad hominems since Australian RPM law left on the last bus?

Sez the master of ad-homs...who appears to be seething with rage to know that he lost his battle of wits here with a collection of rational and polite regular contributors here.

Loser.jpg

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you have a problem, why didn't you take it up with hypex, rather than boil over on a forum?

Newk Yuler

Thank God for free enterprise and thank Him (or Her, or Pasta Kaiju, whatever) we have no GDed VAT in the US. Amen.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Eat shit and die, clown.
Your behaviour is that not of a learn'ed retired gentleman but more akin to what one would expect from a frustrated and intellectually bored 15 year old whose just taken a line of something for the first time.

Why demand folks take responsibility for your mess and unpleasantness by having them delete your words and account? No one here works for you ! Why not just disappear yourself and go be a teenager some place else.

I'd recommend some regression therapy but looks like your trying some DIY variant already. Best do it while being supervised by a professional.

Good luck .

Wombat

Master Contributor
If you run a 'bullshit beats brains' approach you have to be sure that the brains you target are inferior to your own. Risky on ASR. :p

Last edited:

tktran303

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Sorry to join in late, but are we misunderstanding the OP?

If Hypex produced the NC1200 module with MOQ of 20 units (or x units) and set the price at 6,500GBP per unit, why is that against the law?

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
This thread has taken a very unfortunate turn. It should have recognized the expertise of the contributors up to the point they were proven to be incorrect.

Any reasonable person reading this thread would likely conclude that @Samoyed has a background in law. He's quoted case law which, while somewhat less authoritative than a test bench measurement, carries some weight in the legal arena.

Similarly, @amirm and @restorer-john have demonstrated extensive technical background. @amirm has considerable senior leadership experience in the technological field.

What's missing, therefore, is an acknowledgement of both sides' expertise. Were that to occur, we'd have a situation where @amirm and @restorer-john could legitimately school @Samoyed on how sub components or technologies form part of a finished product for sale worldwide AND @Samoyed could then provide views on how this may or may not strengthen a case of uncompetitive behaviour in certain jurisdictions. THAT would be interesting reading, though (to me) not as interesting as reading about the measurements of the latest piece of gear crossing the bench of @amirm

But that didn't occur. Instead, folks started wandering into each others' sandboxes when it might have been better to ask questions of those in the best position to answer them most correctly.

Since the content of this thread is of interest, perhaps the best solution would be to delete all of the posts from the point where this went into "the bunker" and continue the discussion.

This post likely won't endear me to anyone. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not a mod, I'm not an engineer or tech, and I'm not Australian. I'm just somebody who hates to see intellectual talent being squandered because a few misplaced words led to a flame war.

gvl

Major Contributor
Just out of idle curiosity, Amir, how can you be retired when you're still president of Madrona Digital?

Someone who has so much time on his hands to test the gear and write lengthy reports/engage in discussion and money to buy the AP unit just for fun must be technically retired.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just out of idle curiosity, Amir, how can you be retired when you're still president of Madrona Digital?
I have a team that runs the company soup to nuts. I review the company direction but not day to day operation. Think of me as an investor and active board member. It is great to have such an independent team after corporate career which required 10 meetings a day, every day!

Top Bottom