• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Leaving Roon, Qobuz and Tidal

Snoopy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No - I never found a way to do this . It allegedly picks the "best" version and therefore if the Tidal version (after MQA unfold ) is higher spec, its chooses that. I also think it defaults to Tidal if the files are "equal" - Tidal seems to have deeper integration.

I would guess the Qobuz file in your example was 24 bit 44.1 therefore technically Hi-Res but it picked the Tidal 24/44.1 but Im guessing at this point.

It was "harvest" by Neil young. Tidal is 44.1khz 16 bit and qobuz 192khz 24 bit.

And roon decided to play the tidal version.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It was "harvest" by Neil young. Tidal is 44.1khz 16 bit and qobuz 192khz 24 bit.

And roon decided to play the tidal version.
Huh. No idea then. As a side note Neil must have kissed and made up with tidal. Wonder if that was before he de - spotified.

Top Bottom