• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lead-contaminated toys ...

OP
graz_lag

graz_lag

Major Contributor
No I do not.

Obviously my question had a sarcastic cut, you know that right ?

We ship to them tons and tons of garbage, industrial and civil, they cook all that at very high temperatures to properly melt down everything, then we buy back nice finished stuff we proudly exhibit as Xmas gifts ... :facepalm:

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
2qhJp0t.jpg

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The lead content of our hifi toys shouldn't be a great concern, very few audiophiles are in the habit of chewing on them...

OP
graz_lag

graz_lag

Major Contributor
The lead content of our hifi toys shouldn't be a great concern, very few audiophiles are in the habit of chewing on them...

My cat likes to chew my headphones cables ... I am not very much concerned abt the possible lead-contamination that this habit of his may bring to him ...

My comment was pointing more to the fact that "we" or "us" - as consumers of high tech items, should perhaps pay more attention * to the entire process that is behind a piece of electronic, of which the worst side is the e-waste drama in China and more in general, in South East Asia. :facepalm:

* more attention = virtually as practically there is very little we can do .... Expect consuming a little bit less ... Changing my phone every six months instead of every 24/36 months does not impact the whole situation equals to say I do not go voting as my single vote does not change the final outcome ... :facepalm:

Top Bottom