• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LCR setup with space contraints

I'm looking for a speaker upgrade for my HT/music setup. The caveat being that the speakers are up against the wall and there is not a lot of space to fit them either. I'll be replacing some polks that are 8 inches across and I can maybe tolerate another inch or two and still be able to toe them in. The depth can probably be no more than 12 inches deep and the center can be no taller that 8 1/2 inches. Any thoughts on what might fit? Looking to spend $2k - 2.5k for all 3. I was looking at monitor silver 300, but i think the feet might be too wide. Also, I have some atmos speakers on top of the cabinet so I needed it to be flat on top. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I have two ideas.
You can use the feet or spikes without the outriggers.
You might consider Silver 200.

Webninja

Forum Donor
I had a similar situation for my stereo system and had to have two speakers all the way against the wall. I searched for speakers designed for this purpose and ended up with Larsen 6.2s.

I have not run any measurements, but they are excellent and for a really difficult room (high ceilings, hard surfaces) I'm amazed at their ability to produce wonderful sounds at all volumes.

I suggest to search for your LCR that are either meant to be up against the wall or have some type of boundary switch to compensate for that placement.

Top Bottom