• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lcd2 classic closed?

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Your whole comment is the "perfect definition" of value for money concept !

Thrift and frugality are virtues, look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves as I always say!

I hardly ever pay anything like SRP for audio gear as this weeks must have item selling at a premium will be on the clearance shelf in a few months and if something sounds good then it doesn't stop sounding good just because something newer arrives. Hence almost everything I buy in audio is clearance, B stock or in seasonal sales. The SRP is something of an abstraction anyway as how many people pay it? When people ask about, say a $500 amplifier recommendation, are they asking $500 SRP or actual $500 in a shop (the two may result in completely different answers). If you shop around it's surprising just what you can buy on a pretty modest budget.

Or maybe I'm just a complete tight ass.......

Top Bottom