• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LAX show questions

TitaniumTroy

Wendell Diller told me the LAX show is more hip, much younger and even has families showing up for the show. Compared to just old middle aged guys like Amir and me wandering the halls, at AXPONA or RMAF.

Also he said the show is moving back Newport, so what's the real deal Amir?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I assume you mean "LA" audio show and not LAX. With Newport show disappearing this year, I would not be surprised if they moved there but right now, I have no info. I have told them wherever they hold it, needs to have a presidential suite for me or I won't come. Waiting for confirmation on that....

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OK, got confirmation from them that it will indeed be moving to Orange County (south of LA):

JUNE 8-10, 2018
HILTON IRVINE / ORANGE COUNTY AIRPORT

18800 MACARTHUR BLVD., IRVINE, CALIFORNIA

Should be a nice show. And a much nicer (smaller) airport to fly in and out of (although far fewer flights).

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Wendell Diller told me the LAX show is more hip, much younger
OK, got confirmation from them that it will indeed be moving to Orange County
Maybe a good place to pick up chicks now?
Can you get some pictures of great eye-candy instead of the same ole - same ole audio shrines.
A little T & A is always good click bait. :D

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Can you get some pictures of great eye-candy instead of the same ole - same ole audio shrines.
That's like asking to take pictures of good looking stakes at a vegetarian convention. :D No matter where it is held, these are dude ranches.

Besides, none of our western states hold a candle to Texas and Florida in that department.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I should say though that some of that does exist at CES in Las Vegas. I currently have my show pass but no ticket or hotel. Likely I will go and will oblige with some female persuasions.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
OK, got confirmation from them that it will indeed be moving to Orange County (south of LA):

JUNE 8-10, 2018

Should be a nice show. And a much nicer (smaller) airport to fly in and out of (although far fewer flights).
Great beer scene down there that I’m still to explore.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Wendell Diller told me the LAX show is more hip, much younger and even has families showing up for the show. Compared to just old middle aged guys like Amir and me wandering the halls, at AXPONA or RMAF.

Also he said the show is moving back Newport, so what's the real deal Amir?

JUNE 8-10, 2018

There is nothing hip about Irvine, sorry.

Top Bottom