• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Larsen Model 6.2 Loudspeaker - Mahogany - SOLD

Webninja

Forum Donor
I really like these Larsens, and no, I've not measured them, but after owning them for almost 2 years, I have an itch to try something new. Plus we moved, and I no longer need to have speakers right up on the wall.

<><><><><><><><><><>
(Also on AudioMart) - https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649631601-larsen-model-62-loudspeaker-mahogany/

I searched for a long time to find speakers that would work in a very narrow room, which forced them to be up against the wall. I was happy to find Larsen, and even happier to find a demo pair. I purchased these Larsen 6.2s from Dr. Vinyl in September 2018.

They performed amazingly well in a difficult room - all hard surfaces, very high ceilings, and only 5' to MLP. I would say they sacrifice imaging for a very wide horizontal and vertical dispersion.

I moved and the new stereo room doesn't need speakers to be against the walls, and I would like something with more bass. I did hesitate to sell these, as they're not very common, but I can't get new speakers unless these get sold.

- left speaker has scratch on the top (see pic)
- no issues, but they were used for mostly background, so they've never been played very loud
- did bi-amp these, but also used my AVR, and for lower level listening, they are quite flexible on amplification
- the grills are hard to keep dust free, but they are in good condition
- I do have the original double boxes, so I can ship them with confidence they'll make it unharmed

Spec's (from Larsen)
Sensitivity 88 db
Impedance 8 ohm
Bass driver 177 mm
Width 230 mm
Height 750 mm
Depth 260 mm
Weight 12,5 kg

Top Bottom