• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LANrover

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I thought it was an auto thread, not an audio thread. Lol ...LANDRover...LAWNMower. :D
_______

Last edited:
OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
To be fair I think this one has some practical use, but it is nothing new. I actually did this with a Belkin product probably about 6-7 years ago.

Then again I can do exactly the with a $50 Raspberry Pi. :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Oh Paul, whatever are we to do with you?
In July of 1980 I purchased one of PS Audio's first products, the PS III phono preamp for $222.00+tax. This was in the day when Paul aimed to bring excellent HiFi products at affordable prices to the audiophile community. I used it for the next 30 years with the best MM and MC cartridges of the day, getting amazing sound that continued to please for all those years.
At some point greed infected his direction and now he pursues profit above all else. All to familiar a story in todays High End business world. :(

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oh Paul, whatever are we to do with you?
In July of 1980 I purchased one of PS Audio's first products, the PS III phono preamp for $222.00+tax. This was in the day when Paul aimed to bring excellent HiFi products at affordable prices to the audiophile community. I used it for the next 30 years with the best MM and MC cartridges of the day, getting amazing sound that continued to please for all those years.
At some point greed infected his direction and now he pursues profit above all else. All to familiar a story in todays High End business world. :(

It's hard to blame them, Sal. They face a choice: sell really good, practical stuff, at good prices, to guys like you and wait 30 years for the next purchase, or tell the guys with the big money what they want to hear and sell the components du jour, at magnificent margins, to guys who drop a few grand every few months.

The business model must be almost irresistible.

Tim

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It's hard to blame them, Sal. They face a choice: sell really good, practical stuff, at good prices, to guys like you and wait 30 years for the next purchase, or tell the guys with the big money what they want to hear and sell the components du jour, at magnificent margins, to guys who drop a few grand every few months.

The business model must be almost irresistible.

Tim
Very true. But to be honest the reason that phono preamp remained stagnate for so long was by the late 80s all my attention and $ had turned to digital upgrades.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I didn't say I don't want to talk about it, you did. Lol what a funny guy. :D
I just bumped into it.

And the Sprout was $800 → http://www.stereolife.eu/reviews/item/1091-ps-audio-sprout

"In exchange for $800 we get not only a power amplifier delivering 50 watts per channel, but also a 24 bit/192 kHz asynchronous DAC, a phono stage suitable for MM cartridges, a headphone amplifier, and Bluetooth receiver which allows you to listen to music from your phone or tablet. "

Technical data
Output power (speakers): 32 W/8 Ω, 50 W/4 Ω
Output power (headphones): 1 W/16 Ω, 200 mW/300 Ω
Output impedance (headphones): <0,3 Ω
DAC: 24 bit
Digital inputs: coaxial, USB B
Phono input: MM (RCA)
Cartridge output: 2 - 50 mV
THD: 0,03% (1 W, 50 Hz - 10 kHz)
S/N ratio: 102 dB (USB), >80 dB (phono)
Power consumption: 125 W maximum
Dimensions (H/W/D): 4,5/15,2/20,3 cm
Weight: 1,3 kg
Price: $800
Manufacturer: PS Audio
____

I asked the price of the LANRover. Lol Ray, what kind of cookies did you eat yesterday. :D
You sound like a politician.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I typed it into yahoo, I got sent pictures of really attractive Asian girls in ever more comprising positions...
We can always depend on Thomas to drag everything into the gutter. :rolleyes:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom