• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

Koo

I wish Genelec would get into consumer stuff as well and come out with a GLM that includes Dirac Live or Dirac Unison. My jaw dropped first time I heard Dirac Live over mere room correction with REW. I can't see going back to just EQ after experiencing what seems like the obvious future.

You can replicate the phase correction of Dirac with REW too, it's not very convenient though.

Descartes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes if only Denon would create a 9.4.6 processor with XLR and remove all analogue input or output and price it under $4000!

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
I run an HTPC (NUC-10i7FNH) thru the Rotel Pre/Pro (RSP-1576) to a 4K TV (LG-GX).
I had studder/tearing (video) issues when watching 4K and resolved issue by doubling up on shared memory (16GB RAM to 32GB - ouch).
I normally use mouse-friendly 'ZoomMAX' VideoPlayer [not to be confused w/that conferencing app] or '5Kplayer' on the NUC, in full "UHD" mode.
If I bypass the Rotel HDMI functionality, using only the NUC's output @3.5mm jack (or @opto from OLED) thru Rotel audio inputs, provides the least latency (lipsync).
Unfortunately, using the NUC for NetFlix streaming is pathetic compared with the LG-OLED direct 'netflix' button.
I have not investigated this problem as I think it is with NetFlix controlling/throttling bandwidth depending on what type of hardware is being fed content.
Problem is probably you are only getting SD video from the PC while the LG is doing Dolby Vision which is a 12 bit colorspace as opposed to SD's 8 bit colorspace. Visual difference is dramatic and Dolby Vision is stunning. Some NUCS will do HDR 10 which is comparable to DVision. Need to be set on Windows video settings if available.

Top Bottom