• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lab.Gruppen E 4:2 Pro Amplifier Review

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I’d be happy to send one...but is it relevant? These are definitely designed for high performance installations!
Definitely. Good to know how all types peform.

I've bought a few Lab Gruppen E4:2's for Atmos height duties initially. I can't hear any difference between them and either a Denon X3600h or Crown XLS 1502 or XLS 1002's. I've also tried them driving a centre channel MK Sound MP150's - work perfectly. The fan is a bit loud, swapped out for a Noctua fan. Set the attenuation on them right and also the on-level - you can make them so they will measure your Processor's idle level and will then power the channel up when 6db above that. So, no hiss from my Sensitive MK Sound 4 Ohm speakers or JBL 3677's.

You always find a lot of peoples 'opinions' without actually trying stuff for themselves. Go on, don't follow the crowd, use your ears and if you can't hear a difference, don't spend the crazy money on, let's say other class D amps. I'm currently paying about £120 a pop on these amps in the UK.

Top Bottom