• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LA Audio Show 2017: Day 2

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Pranafidelity.

Vanessa Fernandez. https://shz.am/t328301749

Famous mastering engineer Bernie Grundman was supposed to bring a master tape of this but at the last minute that was not possible so we listened to the LP.

Superb. Great detail but warm sounding. Lp rumble visible on drivers.

Sounds excellent on my system too.

SPFC

Overall very interesting and "creative" equipment offering, especially speakers. My favorite so far is is the stuff by Shrimp audio!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Verity Audio, TW Acustic, Signal Projects
093A9922.jpg
093A9924.jpg
093A9925.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have heard these little speakers at other shows. They used to be bookshelves and they added the bottom to get more bass. They point up and use the reflection from ceiling to pull up the image and fill the rooms.

noobie1

Now onto my favorite suite, PranaFidelity.

Steve from Pranafidelity really knows his music. It is always a delight to visit his suite to enjoy music with great fidelity.

View attachment 7391 View attachment 7392 View attachment 7393 View attachment 7394 View attachment 7395 View attachment 7396

Jason Victor Serinus (stereophile reviewer) in the middle front seat. Ron and Keith from WBF in the back row.
View attachment 7397

I'm disappointed I didn't visit this room. The Pranafidelity speakers has some positive reviews scattered over the internet. How would you describe the sound quality? Is it dynamic? Did it pressurize the room well?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'm disappointed I didn't visit this room. The Pranafidelity speakers has some positive reviews scattered over the internet. How would you describe the sound quality? Is it dynamic? Did it pressurize the room well?
It was a small room so yes, it easily filled it with sound. The Yello track was super dynamic for example. I think this is an example of someone (Steven) knowing good sound/music and building speakers to match what he wants to hear. As it turns out, it also matches what I want to hear. :) His speaker crossovers are programmable and you often find him changing the settings for different music (although he did not do that here).

Cosmik

Major Contributor
Magico S3II.

Mood Indigo by Duke Ellington.
LP. Bad seat but still sounded nice.
A 1930 recording and you are worrying about the seating position?!

Top Bottom