• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LA Audio Show 2017: Day 1

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A number of rooms had power issues that had to be fixed by the hotel. In one case they provided 240 instead and blew the poor guy's electronics! Here is how they fixed the above room:

093A9796.jpg

The local inspector I am sure would "card" (fine) them if they saw this!

I mean what are they thinking? In one case I was told they only had 6 amps available before the breaker would blow. Any hair dryer would cause that to happen. I guess running an audio show is one way to find your hotel power issues!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Vivid Giya Speakers, On a higher note, Joseph cali Systems, Artesania, Artesania, Merging Technology, Eclipse TD

I ran into good industry fried, Philip in the hallway and we walked to his room and had another great performance by him and his system.
093A9813.jpg
093A9815.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Giya
Thriller by Michael Jackson. https://shz.am/t5163953

This was on LP. Great ambience and dynamics.

The sidelit woofers show turntable rumble very easily as they modulate back and forth. Someone asked what it was in the audience. Interesting that so much "jitter" goes on in analog but folks have not witnessed it objectively. Fortunately it is low frequency and harmless.

c1ferrari

Forum Donor
As you can see, there was a ton on display. This is the first audio show where Harman itself has such a presence as opposed to being in dealer suites.

Indeed, a very impressive Harman, etc., presence!

Top Bottom