• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

L50/E50 Question about conenctions

Weirzbowski

Good evening!

First time posting, but a while lurking reading up about the options I can buy. So, I decided on an E50/L50 stack, as a start, and it is on its way. This should give me good enough performance with enough power at the same time. I am currently using a Game One, just for chatting and gaming with friends. Will eventually grab a PC38X for that, and then grab something else for other Audio entertainment. Maybe an Aeon, or a HiFiman. Not sure yet which other cans to get yet.

Anyway, I know that the RCA is SE and the TRS is Balanced and I am grabbing the RCA connectors that come with the stack, since I grabbed the EPOS Ensemble, so I can use those to start with. I can then grab some nice TRS cables from either Worlds Best Cables, Ghent, or Goodwood, later on. Noob question time: If I grab a really nice set of cans, my thought is to switch to TRS for balanced, but can I have my PC38X plugged in at the same time as my higher-end headphones that I will eventually purchase? I think I can, but don't want to make a newbie mistake, if it can be helped.

Anyway, that is it for now, until I get deeper down the rabbit hole. :)

Also, forgot one last question. Anybody know of a good brand of USB Type-A to Type-B cable? I know it may matter, but do not know to what degree. I checked and cannot find one in my collection of cables...

Last edited:
Top Bottom