• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kudos Titan 808

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
A friend bought these speakers
They sound pretty good
But what's that "Isobaric with fixed boundary loading "?
Screenshot_20230531_141738_Chrome.jpg
Titan808_Grill_off_Life3.png
Screenshot_20230531_141814_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230531_141723_Chrome.jpg
606-internal.png

djw.cloud

"Isobaric with fixed boundary loading" refers to a specific condition or scenario in the field of fluid mechanics or thermodynamics.

Isobaric means "constant pressure," indicating that the system or substance under consideration remains at a constant pressure throughout the process. In other words, the pressure does not change during the operation or experiment.

Fixed boundary loading, on the other hand, refers to the external forces or constraints applied to the boundaries or surfaces of the system. In this context, "fixed" means that the boundary conditions or loading conditions remain constant and do not change during the process.

Combining these two concepts, "isobaric with fixed boundary loading" describes a situation where the pressure within a system remains constant, while the forces or constraints acting on its boundaries remain fixed or unchanging. This condition is often used in various analyses and experiments to study the behavior of fluids or thermodynamic systems under specific pressure and boundary conditions.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Heard them at shows, usually paired with Naim amplification, ( Naim amp owners have a very small and prescribed number of speakers they are allowed to buy) I didn’t feel the need to rush out and stock them, any measurements?
Keith

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well if nobody is willing to take a chance and buy them, they'll never be able to afford a measurement mic.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
"Isobaric with fixed boundary loading" refers to a specific condition or scenario in the field of fluid mechanics or thermodynamics.

Isobaric means "constant pressure," indicating that the system or substance under consideration remains at a constant pressure throughout the process. In other words, the pressure does not change during the operation or experiment.

Fixed boundary loading, on the other hand, refers to the external forces or constraints applied to the boundaries or surfaces of the system. In this context, "fixed" means that the boundary conditions or loading conditions remain constant and do not change during the process.

Combining these two concepts, "isobaric with fixed boundary loading" describes a situation where the pressure within a system remains constant, while the forces or constraints acting on its boundaries remain fixed or unchanging. This condition is often used in various analyses and experiments to study the behavior of fluids or thermodynamic systems under specific pressure and boundary conditions.
Thanks
It's weird no one else is using it in audio

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

notsodeadlizard

It's not that common anyways :)
Simply because it is too expensive to be common.
"Common" in engineering always means "very efficient in manufacturing and sales".

I don't know anything about these speakers, they look nice and impressive, the drivers for them were obviously made by great professionals, that's all I know.
They are just out of my price range.
But I don't think they are bad because I can't afford them.

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This guy had a measurement of his 808’s by his room treatment company. They look pretty good for what they are. (Taken from HERE)
EB504F28-DE4E-4ABB-8595-45F253D80FE4.png

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

the_surf_doc

I own a pair. Picked them up second hand at less than half RRP.

I'd send them to Amir to measure but I think I'd need a second job to afford the postage. :)

the_surf_doc

How do they sound ?
Oh no, don't force me to say something subjective on here, I'm new! :)

First up, I should mention that this is my 3rd pair of Kudos speakers. I started off with a pair of Cardea Super 20s, then moved on to some second hand Titan 88s (similar sound but more weight), and then about 3 years ago bought the Titan 808s (very similar to the 88s).

So how to describe the sound. Well I'm really not very good at this sort of thing. I would call the 808's well integrated, unobtrusive, but weighty when necessary. They just sound kind of 'right'. (Apologies to anyone who was expecting me to correlate the listening experience to tantric sex or suchlike...)

I only have a pair of these because of a fire sale from someone who lost their business. They needed a quick sell and I was their only buyer. I'm sure there is better VFM out there but I'm pretty happy with what I have.

Top Bottom