• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Krk rp5 G4 or old modified presonus e4.5 monitors

PhantomFoxes

I have a big doubt, I recently bought the krk rp5 G4 monitors to replace my old modified Presonus e4.5 monitors, everything was correct until I decided to compare them, it turns out that my old monitors seem better but I'm not sure.

I have recorded a quick comparison so that they will help me to see which ones are better, I have tried to record the best possible and under the same conditions, but I am not a professional.

I haven´t put the names of which is which to do a blind test.

Sorry for my bad English
Thank you :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Er2IxC1rI-OxwCPHW-ZxA0pmOL94HXGD/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ft2Y7ZBjx9XhznYNt6QBlK1_iKKLvc99/view?usp=sharing

Down To Zero - YouTube

Last edited:

edahl

Fwiw. the bass seems fuller on the second recording. I'm guessing those are the KRK's. Sound better to me.

OP
P

PhantomFoxes

Fwiw. the bass seems fuller on the second recording. I'm guessing those are the KRK's. Sound better to me.

Thanks for replying edahl

But now I am a little more surprised and confused than before, revealing which recording corresponds to each monitor, sound 1 corresponds to the KRK, and sound 2 corresponds to the modified presonus E4.5.

The modifications I made to the presonus were 3: Put a little more filler material, change the amplification ic tda7265 for the tda7292 and add a notch crossover in the woofer (With the cost reduction presonus have eliminated the complete crossovers in the new model, now they only use a 4.7 capacitor in the tweeter).

Trying to compensate for the possible drop in mids of the KRK and irregularities in the tweeter, I have put the woofer eq in the dsp at -2dB 60hz, -2dB 200hz, which drops -2dB from 0 to +-800hz and the tweeter eq at -2dB 10khz, which makes -2 dB fall from + - 5khz to 20khz.

I don't know if my ears fail me, but, although now the response of the KRK is now flatter, the presonus continue to fight, more natural, more balanced and better stereo image than KRK.

Blue - Presonus E4.5 (Moddified)
Yellow - KRK
1.png

If you have a good song to compare 2 speakers, could you please share it with me

Fernando

Forum Donor
Any of the 2 with a sub will improve immensely.

Top Bottom