• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Klipsch RP-600M Speaker Review

Belirium

Searched and couldn’t find a definite answer, apologies if I missed it. I’ve heard both that this speaker takes well to EQ to directivity, but also that the crossover issue can’t be EQ’d due to phase issues. Does anyone have measurements to confirm one way or the other? Even a simple in-room measurement would be fine I think - just to confirm that boosting that range would have the desired result.
Yea, i went through the whole pages of the thread but couldn't find them. It was a fun read though.
I have a very similar curve, kindly posted here by another member. In my setup they are extremely toed in and have some dynamat type of insulation for the boxes and the brackets of the drivers.
I can surely say that there is day and night with EQ (by ear) at that range. But i ll haven't been able to measure the response with EQ and i can't promise i will, anytime soon.
In an LCR setup with a Dynaudio Center, they are playing very nice though.

brad7686

I just bring the treble down and adjust the dip in the middle to make that downward diagonal. Everything 2k and over just sounds hot, hotter than most tweeters to me anyway. I dunno if it's the horn projection or what. I couldn't listen to these if they were linear anyway. That said, I love the speaker personally but MUST have eq.

blazen2150

hi all, i saw the RP600M going on sale for $300-$350 per pair. But thank you for posting the measurements I'm glad i did not make the same mistake twice. I currently have the rp150m and i used them for lil over 2 years, there a good starter speaker from music and movies in a small room, but i wanted a fuller sound and decided to get a German designed and engineered speaker but built in china. even tho their budget speakers they sounded warmer, controlled, laid back and didn't distort at high volume like the 150m. so I be selling the 150m along with the center speaker 250c, and soon after im going to replace my rp280f in the living room. HECO is what I plan to go with or at least plan save for some ascend acoustic. what i really want is Bentley acoustics but they don't ship over seas.

Attachments

• aurora_1000-standard-og-b.jpg
    aurora_1000-standard-og-b.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 17
  • librewolf_2024-02-12_01-38-53.jpg
    librewolf_2024-02-12_01-38-53.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Reinsch

Hi, I got myself a pair of these and I noticed that the baffles on both of them were mounted pretty crooked. On the top right and bottom left the distance between the baffle and the rest of the speaker is about half a millimeter greater, compared to the top left and bottom right. Also the distance between baffle and right flank measures roughly 0.4mm more compared to the left flank. So I wandered if this is just annoying but normal for Klipsch, or are these especially bad?

Nwickliff

Hi, I got myself a pair of these and I noticed that the baffles on both of them were mounted pretty crooked. On the top right and bottom left the distance between the baffle and the rest of the speaker is about half a millimeter greater, compared to the top left and bottom right. Also the distance between baffle and right flank measures roughly 0.4mm more compared to the left flank. So I wandered if this is just annoying but normal for Klipsch, or are these especially bad?
"roughly .4mm" lol! Roughly eh? Got a photo?

Reinsch

Nah, I just boxed them up again. In the end there was just too much wrong with them. Due to the bad measurements one had a massive wobble when put on a flat surface. But I can give you my measurements. Measured with a caliper but of course no lab standard due to awkward ergonomics.

0.50 1.16 Top
0.43 0.86 Upper Flank

0.32 0.71 Lower Flank
0.69 0.31 Bottom

Nwickliff

Nah, I just boxed them up again. In the end there was just too much wrong with them. Due to the bad measurements one had a massive wobble when put on a flat surface. But I can give you my measurements. Measured with a caliper but of course no lab standard due to awkward ergonomics.

0.50 1.16 Top
0.43 0.86 Upper Flank

0.32 0.71 Lower Flank
0.69 0.31 Bottom
Yeah, something really wrong with those especially if they wabbled on a flat surface.

Reinsch

Yeah I figured as much. Just wasn't sure how much crap Klipsch customers are expected to put up with these days. Will instead go with Elacs DBR 62. They should suit my listening preferences better anyway.

Top Bottom