• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Speaker Review

jaykay77

Well the we already have the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR, which is in the top 5 of speakers measured so far (when used with a subwoofer), yet cost just $118 a pair.

just because it’s relatively inexpensive doesn’t mean it’s worth it...those pioneers are no bueno, amigo.

I’ve got a pair of $30 garage sale ADS B7s that sound at least 5 times better than those Andrew Jones hype boxes!

jaykay77

-1 for America then I suppose. While I respect the research and objective designs from JBL and Kali, I don't consider them to be pushing the envelope anymore, and I typically think of foreign speakers.

Other American companies I can think of are Wilson, Tekton, Zu Audio, and Barefoot. Maybe the last one is good, but I need to test out their monitors once my friend down the street gets some in his studio.
What about ascend, bmr?

bobbooo

Major Contributor
just because it’s relatively inexpensive doesn’t mean it’s worth it...those pioneers are no bueno, amigo.

It's worth it because it has good acoustic performance. The very reasonable price is a bonus.

I’ve got a pair of $30 garage sale ADS B7s that sound at least 5 times better than those Andrew Jones hype boxes!

That would be amazing if true - I'm sure everyone on here would love to see their measurements if you would be kind enough to send one of them to Amir for testing?

Harlenc

Forum Donor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Now you really need to test the wonder child of online reviewers the RP-600M
Ok, I ordered one. What the heck I am going to do with these speakers...I have no idea....

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok, I ordered one. What the heck I am going to do with these speakers...I have no idea....
You need a volunteer to list them for sale... A master list i the classifies here, and listing them on free sites such as us audiomart etc. Primary focus would be on getting them to move. Ebay and hifishark are great resources to establish value of items sold, and then go 20-30% less to less to get them to move. I cannot comprehend how much gear you must be accumulating and the space it is requiring.

SEKLEM

They are essentially a cheap rear surround speaker, complete with a keyhole mount to hang on the wall. Once you hit a 4" "bass" driver, all pretensions to high fidelity go out the window.

My Peachtree DS4.5s would beg to differ! Lol. I don’t know if they qualify as “high fidelity” but they definitely sound better than those Klipsch 41Ms IMO.

SEKLEM

You’re a madman!:eek: I recently snagged up a pair of RP-160M (the precursor to the RP-600M). So far I don’t hate them. I’ll be setting up a level matched A/B comparison between them and Linn Katan monitors.

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What about ascend, bmr?

What about them? How are they pushing the envelope in any way compared to Kii, Dutch & Dutch, Genelec, and Devialet?

Boxy diffraction boxes and poor vertical performance are the norm. I want something different.

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The "REVIEW" paragraph on its homepage is blank. someone tell them they can link ASR now.. free of charge:)

Anyway, I wonder, how about "Preference rating for speech reproduction only", would it be less strict? :)

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Step response is not poor, instead actually better than average! But not spot-on. 10-15 deg above measurement axis summation is better! This is because tweeter is in a deep waveguide.

index.php

1 kHz peak is most likely leakage form BR pipe, look at 90-180deg response! And no wonder when you look at diameter and location of the port!
I would like to see port/PR nearfield response of reflex speakers! Easy to take with a handheld mic.

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Once you have a statistically sufficient number you can arrange them into a sound wall, all imperfections will average and cancel out, and you will be left with pure pristine sound.
Or the crescendo of multiplied resonances would be able to erase one's memories so one could start a new life from scratch.. :)

wwenze

Major Contributor

Cut them up, blow them up, set them on fire. Like the Angry Video Game Nerd.

wwenze

Major Contributor
Not that it matters for these singing sides speakers but I've heard about this specific quirk before. The reasoning being that these speakers aren't bought by audiophiles. They're supposed to sound their best when they're not toed in and placed close to a wall.

Hmm.

What about PMC speakers?

RRpmAz9.png

Last edited:

martijn86

Official ASR <3.0 annual bonfire?

Serious: <4.0 I'd just send them back because they don't meet the expectations set by the marketing materials. =/>4.0 Sign them, bundle it with a high quality print of the measurements and put them up for auction.

lloyd84

Just imagine how much worse these would sound with the type of underpowered AVR that someone buying cheap speakers has. Yikes.

Top Bottom